- Black Best Friend: Renée
- Expository Theme Tune: Taina (who's name is sung quite harmonically) dreams of stardom.
- Fantasy Sequence: We get one once per episode. They often end with her posing in the same position (when we cut back to reality), which bares the question; was she actually singing and dancing around before she realized that it was just a daydream?
- It's All About Me: Martiza Hogg
- And Taina herself, quite often.
- Meaningful Name: Mariza's last name, Hogg, also applies to her excessive need to hog the spotlight.
- Also, Taina qualifies. Her name is derived from the indigenous Taíno tribe.
- She Also Did: Tracy Grandstaff, who wrote a number of episodes, is better known as the voice of Daria Morgendorffer.
- Short Runner: Despite the huge ratings, the show was cancelled after two seasons for lack of funds.
- Spicy Latina: Taina
- Spiritual Predecessor: Fame. Taina is the modern Coco, both are Latina and aim for stardom. Also, they both live in New York City and attend a performing arts school.
Series / Taina
Taina was a Nickelodeon sitcom that aired between 2001 and 2002, and concerns a teenage girl who attends a performing arts school with her quirky friends. Sound familiar? In fact, on This Very Wiki Taina is primarily remembered as "the show that Victorious ripped off years later."This is one of two Nickelodeon series to be distributed internationally by Nelvana.