Series: Space Knights
Arthurian Mythos IN SPACE!!! With Spitting Image-style rubber puppets! And Pirates!Seriously, though, this very odd retelling is one of the stranger things to come out of the Southern Hemisphere, being a co-production between TVNZ and Channel Seven. Basically, it's a series of self-contained episodes, usually featuring a bunch of Theme Named derivatives of the Arthurian characters (and their Robot Buddy Conrod) battling against three idiotic pirates and their evil boss, Mordread Darkvoid.Needs a Better Description, but can be found on YouTube
This show contains examples of
- Awesome McCool Name: Mordread Darkvoid.
- A Boy and His X: Arthur Asteroid and Robot Buddy Conrod
- Catch Phrase: Lancelot de Laser named his personal navicomp Lautrec, just to be able to say "There is not a moment to lose, Lautrec!
- Dumb Muscle: All three pirates are this to Mordread. Blunderblock in particular.
- Good Is Dumb: Sir Lancelot de Laser was not the brightest bulb
- Kid Hero: Arthur Asteroid
- The Smurfette Principle: Lady Guinevere Galaxy is the lone female Space Knight. There's also the baddies' lone woman, Maggie Mooncrusher.
- Theme Naming: All the Space Knights have the combination "Arthurian Character + (Mostly) Alliterative Space Thingamybob". Also, the Pirates are named Penzance Plunderon, Blunderblock and Pegleg.