Sheena was a 2000-2002 television series produced by Steven L.Sears reviving concept from the Sheena, Queen of the Jungle comic book and 1984 film. The television show stars Gena Lee Nolin as the title character, with John Allen Nelson as Matt Cutter, Kevin Quigley as Mendlesson, Cutter's business associate, and Margo Moorer as Kali.The television show basically centers around Sheena's past in her present, and showing her conflict with the world she knows, and the Western world. She is environmentally conscious and tries to protect the animals of the African jungle, as well as respect the tribes of Africa and their traditions.Kali raised her in the ancient tribal ways, and taught her the ways to morph into an animal at a moment's glace. Because the tribe and the animals are always at odds with Western influence, Sheena covers herself in mud, puts on fake claws, and a mask and pretends to be the Darak'na- a mythical killer residing in the La Mista jungles and mountains.Sheena finds a friend in Matt Cutter, but the viewer is constantly at odds whether or not they will fall in love with each other or stay friends. Matt Cutter owns Cutter Unlimited,Inc. which provides safari and other business tours in Africa. Due to a troubled past, he is a cynic, but he is also a ladies man, and would do anything for a good amount of money.What makes the show interesting is that it is trying to be serious, but it isn't.
Includes examples of:
- Action Girl
- Adventurer Outfit: Matt Cutter runs a safari business.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Both Sheena and Matt Cutter have troubled past, with him being a rogue Secret Service agent and Sheena losing her parents at a young age, and witnessing the deaths of several of her animal friends.
- Darkest Africa
- Distressed Dude: Matt Cutter, though physically fit and able, at the end of the day needs help from Sheena
- Does Not Like Shoes: "Doing As The Romans"- Sheena needs to dress up in a dress and know the conventions of Western social function to save the animals; "Children of the Lamistas"- dressing Western to understand more of Western civilization.
- Evil Poacher.
- Friend to All Living Things.
- Mighty Whitey: Sheena.
- Nature Hero: Sheena.
- Nubile Savage: Sheena.
- Professionals Do It on Desks: "Revenge of the Jirds"- Matt Cutter has a fantasy of him making out with Sheena, only to realize that he is holding onto the jirds.
- Raised by Natives: Sheena.
- Shirtless Scene: Matt Cutter or some other male character either has a shirtless scene to balance out Sheena's physical attractiveness.
- Witch Doctor: Kali.