Series: Newlyweds Nick And Jessica
"Is this chicken, what I have, or is this fish? I know it's tuna, but it says, 'Chicken.....by the Sea'."Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica was a Reality TV docusoap running on MTV from 2003-05, starring pop singers Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey which chronicled their marriage in hybrid soap opera/sitcom style, and has sometimes been cited as a reason for their eventual divorce. Nick played the normal guy to Jessica's adorable airhead. Hilarity Ensues.A huge hit for Jessica, though there's dispute as to how much of her stupidity was real; some think it's all an act, others think it's all too real. Looking at her movie choices since then suggests that it wasn't entirely an act.
This show provides examples of:
- The Brainless Beauty/Dumb Blonde: Guess.
- Catch Phrase: "Baby!" No matter what her mood.
- The Ditz: Jessica.
- The Everyman: Nick, though as the series progressed he became more of a Deadpan Snarker.
- Jumping Out of a Cake: Jessica does this at a party for Nick.
- Reality TV
- Real Song Theme Tune: Nick's own song "This I Swear".
- Savvy Guy, Energetic Girl: The titular couple, of course.
- Straight Man: Nick.