Series: My Super Sweet Sixteen
This is an MTV reality show about teenagers' sweet 16 birthday parties, where insanely rich teenagers cry, scream, swear, berate their parents and act as if the world is ending because they didn't want to get their $65,000 Lexus now, they wanted to get it slightly later. One commentator has remarked that it is almost certainly a portent of the complete collapse of our civilization, and excerpts have been used in North Korean propaganda videos about the decadence of the West.On a happier note, this show has spawned some decent spinoffs. The first is My Super Psycho Sweet 16, a series of made-for-TV slasher movies in which the little twerps get what's coming to them, and Exiled, another reality show in which the parents of former Sweet 16 stars, fed up with their kids' behavior, send them off overseas so that they can find out what it's really like to suffer.
Tropes related to the show:
- Alpha Bitch: What the show is basically based around.
- Cool Car: It's their sixteenth birthday, so naturally its what they all want.
- One girl was pranked with a used minivan before being given the blinged-out Range Rover she wanted.
- Cool Crown: If the party is princess themed, expect the birthday girl to have a huge sparkly one.
- Doting Parent: Deconstructed. This trope is why the kids turn out to be self-centered, overindulged brats.
- Entitled Bastard: To such a degree that at least one commentator has speculated that they represent the end of western civilisation itself.
- Fiction500: Gowns, jewels, parades of limos, extravagant venues, gourmet food, famous guests, world class entertainment- the works.
- It's All About Me: Fuckin' A!
- Pimped-Out Dress: What all the girl wear to their parties. One girl got a dress so huge she had to stand on ten foot tall mechanical platform to wear it. note
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Sweet Sixteen" by Hilary Duff.
- Rich Bitch
- Spoiled Brat: See Alpha Bitch.
- Ungrateful Bastard: As a spin-off of the It's All About Me going on.
- One girl screamed and had a hissy-fit when her mother got her the expensive car she wanted. The reason is the girl had wanted to receive the car at her party, but instead got it the day before. See Joel McHale's reaction.