Premiering on November 24, 2012, Marvin Marvin
is a Fantastic Comedy Kid Com
series on Nickelodeon
starring internet celebrity Lucas Cruikshank of Fred
When the planet of Klooton is attacked by evil invaders, the Klurg, a Klootonian named Marvin's parents put him into a spacecraft and send him off to Earth. Here on Earth, Marvin is protected by the Formans, your typical American family. The series deals with Marvin adjusting to life as a typical human teenage male while going to high school.
Ended in 2013 due to cancellation with a 19 episode run. As such, Lucas left Nickelodeon to pursue other interests.
Tropes seen in Marvin Marvin:
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: While he needs his human disguise to hide from the Klurg, this seems to be the reason he maintains his disguise when alone with the Formans. At the very beginning of the pilot, he walks into the room in his true form and freaks them all out, prompting them to remind him to keep his disguise on.
- Alien Among Us: Marvin is from the planet Klooton (not Mars).
- Alien Catnip: Chocolate seems to act like this for Marvin since he's never had it before.
- Alien Invasion: Marvin was sent to Earth fleeing one. It's vital that Marvin remains hidden or else the Klurg might invade the Earth.
- Aliens Speaking English: As expected.
- Amusing Alien: Naturally, Marvin is this.
- An Aesop: Delivered by Teri and appearing rather abruptly near the end of the pilot: Everyone's at least a little weird, and it's okay to be strange.
- Animated Credits Opening: Showcasing the story behind Marvin's arrival on Earth and adoption by the Formans.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Marvin has five stomachs, though one is apparently used to emit a mating call. The gases in Marvin's stomach also allow him to float when he's really happy.
- Marvin apparently has the ability to superheat or supercool his finger.
- When Marvin gets a toothache in the third episode (aptly titled "Toothache"), the tooth has to be removed before it explodes.
- His ears (or the Klootonian equivalent) are in his butt.
- When we see his true form, he has four eyes, two of which are at the ends of antennas.
- Black Best Friend: Brianna, Teri's best friend.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Marvin, most definitely.
- Crazy Cultural Comparison
- Crossover: With Big Time Rush, ironically it's also the last episode of the series.
- Eyes Do Not Belong There: In his true Klootonian form, Marvin has an extra pair of eyes at the end of antennae.
- Genius Ditz: One episode features Marvin building a teleporter.
- Grand Finale: "Big Time Marvin"
- Happily Adopted: Marvin.
- Hero of Another Story: Marvin's parents, who are presently fighting off an Alien Invasion of his home planet.
- Human Alien: Marvin. Subverted in that his true form looks nothing like a human.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: In the second episode Marvin asks a horse, "Are you neighing what I think you're neighing?"
- In the pilot, Liz asks Marvin to spin the spinner for a board game. He then literally spins around in circles.
- Kidanova: In "Double Date", Henry mentioned that he had three girlfriends.
- Na´ve Newcomer: Marvin.
- Really 580 Years Old: It's revealed in the pilot that Marvin is actually 580 years old, despite his youthful appearance as a human teenager.
- Shout-Out: In Big Time Marvin, Marvin inhales helium to use against the Klerg, resulting in him adopting a Fred voice (Lucas Cruikshank's previous character). Marvin even lampshades this reference saying (while still under the effects of helium) "Wow, can you imagine having to talk like that all the time?"
- There is also a clear reference to Glee in the pilot.
- The pilot also has a joke involving Teri dreaming of meeting the cast of Twilight. In 2012.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: Marvin.
- Weaksauce Weakness: The Klerg are severly allergic to helium.