Series: Late Night Liars
"It's like Match Game with puppets...which as I say it sounds idiotic, but we think it's funny."GSN Game Show where two contestants had to determine which of four Muppets was telling a lie about something in a specific category. The show ran for a mere eight episodes in Summer 2010.
—Larry Miller, trying to explain the show to Don Imus.
Game Show Tropes in use:
- Bonus Round: Correctly guess eight true/false statements in two separate but comedically-overlapping categories in 43 seconds for $10,000 (or so, as the show tinkered with the amount each episode, going as high as $25,000).
This show provides examples of:
- The Alcoholic: Both the panelists and host reveled in this. They often talked about going out for drinks, and the panel (plus the contestants) had drinks sitting before them.
- Camp Gay: William.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Cashmere.
- Precious Puppies: Cashmere...or at least until she starts talking.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: The panelists were thin parodies of existing celebs, but tended to revel in it rather than hide it.
- Shelly Oceans —> Joan Rivers.
- William A. Mummy —> Paul Lynde.
- Cashmere Ramada —> Paris Hilton.
- Sebastian Simian —> Simon Cowell.
- Puppet Show: Uh-huh.
- Songs in the Key of Panic: The contest music from the Bonus Round sped up as you went along.
- Special Guest: On the third and fifth episodes, an actual celebrity in puppet form filled in for one of the regulars — Mickey Rourke and Rosie O'Donnell for Sebastian and Shelly, respectively.
- Weasel Mascot: Weasel.
- Upper-Class Twit: Cashmere.