Laredo was a Western Series that aired for two seasons, airing from September 16, 1965 to April 7, 1967.The series followed the adventures of three (later four) Texas Rangers, Reese Bennett (Neville Brand), Joe Riley (William Smith), and Chad Cooper (Peter Brown), with Eric Hunter (Robert Wolders) joining the group in the second season. The Rangers resided in the local Texas town of Laredo, where they were under the orders of their disciplined leader, Captain Edward Parmalee. The series was notorious for mixing humor with good old Western action. Every episode ends with the bad guys brought to justice.
Laredo provides examples of the following:
- Butt Monkey / No Respect Guy: Reese Bennett often falls victim to this. He always gets teased by Joe and Chad, and later Eric, and he often gets the shaft when asked to report to Captain Parmalee.
- Da Chief: Parmalee is this in spades.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Captain Parmelee (melancholic), Reese Bennett (choleric), Joe Riley (phlegmatic), Chad Cooper (sanguine), and Eric Hunter (leukine).
- Freudian Trio: In the first season, the rangers fall into this;
- Reese: Id
- Joe: Ego
- Chad: Superego
- Genius Bruiser: Chad Cooper
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Reese appears to have one.
- The Jinx: One episode had an old friend of Reese who was thought to be considered a jinx.
- Large Ham: Neville Brand as Reese Bennett.
- Put Their Heads Together: Reese knocks out a pair of wagon riders this way at the start of "Which Way Did They Go?"
- Nitro Express: In "Walk Softly", the Rangers have to deliver some nitroglycerin to the army, while somebody else is trying to steal it.