Series: Kanpai Senshi After V
"The police and Self-Defense Force were powerless against evildoers hellbent on ruling the world. A new organization was created to defeat these villains... The Golden Warriors Treasure V: A team of five combat specialists. However, their drinking parties after battles became better known than the battles themselves, and they became known as the Cheers Soldiers, After V!"Kanpai Senshi After V
— Opening narration
(Cheers Warriors After V
) is a 12 episode parody Super Sentai
, which aired on Japanese TV in 2014. It follows the late night outs of the Sentai
hero team Golden Warriors Treasure V
, focusing on their drinking parties over their battles against evil. Their nights out consists of food and drinks at a restaurant which happens to be staffed by the villains they are fighting against, before heading to the karaoke bar.
- All Your Colors Combined
- All Your Powers Combined
- Ascended Fanboy: Similar to Nobuo Akagi and Gai Ikari, Red's position is a dream come true, having dreamed of being a superhero after being saved by one as a boy. Except he gets really disillusioned by his teammates really fast.
- Green, too, thinks this is a dream career, though for the wrong reasons (he just saw a regular Super Sentai on TV and thought that them exploding the Monster of the Week was cool enough that he wanted to try that).
- Bait-and-Switch Credits: The show's opening shows the characters actually fighting the enemies- the series itself does not.
- Beware the Nice Ones: What happens when the usually timid Green is given alcohol.
- Big Bad: Known as simply Commander, he works as head chef at the restaurant the heroes go to after defeating his monsters.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: A whole episode focuses on the disaster that ensues when Green is given a beer, which includes him knocking out the store manager with his boomerang.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience
- Cut Lex Luthor a Check: Discussed right at Episode 1, when the heroes wonder from where the villains get resources to make so many different monsters.
Pink: Remember when we fought that monster that had breath that could dissolve anything?
Red: Oh man, that was a close one...
Pink: Think of how amazing it is. Creating a gas that can dissolve anything is impressive enough, but they made something that could breathe that material, so they probably spent a ton of money on it. I bet they could win a Nobel Prize if they wanted.
- Distracted by the Sexy: When the new Yellow joins, the men on the team can't help but fawn over her cuteness, leaving Pink the only one feeling bad that the original Yellow has left.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: Basically what Red feels working with this team.
- Eyecatch: Depicts a still image of the team similar to those of early Sentai.
- Five-Man Band
- Henshin Hero: It's clear that they are transforming heroes, since they're shown in civilian mode in the opening and have a Transformation Trinket (the Change Band), but during the show they almost always wear their hero suits.
- Humongous Mecha: Treasure Robo, which is reminiscent of early 80s giant robots, particularly DaiDenzin and Sun Vulcan Robo.
- Law of Chromatic Superiority: Like proper Sentai series, the Red hero is the leader of the team.
- Monster of the Week: Though unseen, they are fought by the heroes like your typical Sentai in the day before they go out at night. The team often recall their battles while at the restaurant.
- Mooks: Known as the Combatant, the team are shown fighting him during the opening credits. He works with the Commander at the restaurant.
- No Name Given: The members of Treasure V are only ever referred to by their color codenames, though everyone (except for Blue) calls Red "Leader".
- People in Rubber Suits: They outright say there are zippers on the monsters' backs. Blue states he opened one once, but he "cannot put it in words".
- Scarf of Asskicking: Part of the Treasure V uniforms, as per classic tokusatsu hero tradition.
- Shout-Out: The Combatant's uniform is similar to the solders of Shocker in Kamen Rider, particularly the lucha libre wrestling mask, he also addresses the Commander in the restaurant with "Eeee!" as soldiers of Shocker do.
- Spiritual Successor: To Hikonin Sentai Akibaranger. Though not produced by Toei, it took the place of Super Sentai parody series and it did air during the same time Akibaranger's third season would have aired.
- Stylistic Suck: The scene of Treasure Robo flying in the opening.
- Territorial Smurfette: Pink when the new Yellow joins, due to missing the original Yellow while the men are preoccupied fawning over the New Yellow's cuteness.
- The Smurfette Principle: Pink, until Yellow is replaced by a girl.
- Transformation Trinket: The Change Band, a simple brace changer as was the standard in Showa Super Sentai.
- Two Girls to a Team: Pink and New Yellow.