Series / Iron King
From the creators of Ultraman
came a tokusatsu show that was somewhat unique. In response to various terrorist attacks happening throughout the Japanese countryside, the National Security Organization has sent two cowboy heroes, the playboy Gentaro Shizuka, and the bumbling comic relief Goro Kirishima. Those of you who are genre-savvy might thing Gentaro would be the titular Iron King, based on his appearance and mannerisms, but it's actually Goro that transforms to fight evil. (This page needs to edited later, so bare with us for now.)Not to be confused with THE Iron King
This show provides examples of:
- Achilles' Heel : Iron King uses large amounts of water in order to function, and must recharge after every battle.
- The mechs of both the Shiranui Clan and the Phantom Militia can be instantly destroyed by destroying their corresponding remote control
- Beware the Silly Ones : Goro, considering he's the titular hero despite being the comic-relief.
- By the Power of Grayskull! : "Iron Shock!"
- Cowboy : Gentaro and Goro
- Does This Remind You of Anything? : The third story-arcs alien-based villains, The Titanians, have a rather fimilar-looking salute
- Hour of Power : Like Ultraman, Iron King's powers run on a time-limit with glowing jewels that indicate how much time he has left. The difference here is that Iron King's reasoning for the time-limit is that he's Hydrogen-powered, and thus requires lots of water.
- Make My Monster Grow : The Titanians can grow on command and transform into more monstrous forms.
- Nice Hat : Both Gentaro and Goro wear cowboy hats, although Goro's is slightly cooler since it's also his Transformation Trinket .
- Paper-Thin Disguise : While Goro completely changes size and shape when transforming into Iron King, he's always seen rushing towards the nearest source of water after he transforms back. Combine this with Gentaro's knowledge of Iron King's Achilles' Heel , one has to wonder why he didn't connect the dots until the final episode.
- Sixth Ranger Traitor : Yukiko
- Transformation Trinket : Goro's Turning Hat
- What the Hell, Hero? : While Gentaro's constant flirting with every attractive female they meet rivals Brock, at least Brock would know better than to flirt with a nun! (Although Japanese Christians themselves are a rarity, so this is to be expected.)