Human Giant was a Sketch Comedy show that ran on MTV from 2007 to 2008 and featured Aziz Ansari, Rob Huebel and Paul Scheer, as well as a revolving door of indie-comedy guest stars, including David Cross, Brian Posehn, Patton Oswalt, Nick Kroll, Casey Wilson and June Raphael. The show itself consisted of weird, funny videos that often crossed the line twice and sometimes folded back into themselves.
Provides examples Of:
- All for Nothing: In "Gas Guzzlers", a man that participes in a gas station contest where who drinks the more amount of gasoline wins a whole tank for free. He wins, but it's revelead that he doesn't have a car.
- Cool, but Inefficient / Cool, but Stupid: "Balloon Cops" features a police force that chase criminals in a balloon, which unfortunelly is very slow and let them escape.
- Crime Reconstruction: One sketch has a re-enactment of a workplace shooting rampage that goes wrong when one of the extras goes on a real shooting spree. Since the camera man dropped the camera while running away, the show makes a re-enactment of the re-enactment. The show ends with the host being shot by the camera man and a preview of next week's re-enactment of the host getting shot.Wade: When I heard that more people had died in the re-enactment of my killing spree than my actual killing spree, I was kinda mad... at first, then I thought it was pretty awesome.
- Cruel Twist Ending: In "Sci-Fi Make-Up", an actor in science fiction show that is tired of spending hours at make-up artist just because of his Rubber-Forehead Alien character. Then, the actor decides to undergo a surgery to permanently look like his character, but just after he does that, the show is cancelled.
- Dark Comedy: The kind of humor present on most of the sketches.
- Foreshadowing: The video game played at the beginning of the "Old Fashioned Fun" sketch has three characters near a playground, based on Rob, Aziz, and Paul, with the Rob character getting hit by a car.
- Funny Background Event: The Mobile World cell phone store where the employee kidnaps Paul for playing with the video phones, and the Game Shop of the "Blood Oath" sketch, are shown in establishing shots to be right next to each other.
- Monster Clown: "Mr. Clowny", a sketch that has a party clown that is also a pest control exterminator, he end up killing the children at a birthday party with the insect poison.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: "The Illusionators", who were Criss Angel parodies.
- Organ Theft:: A hypno-therapist steals Aziz's character kidney while he's under. Then the paramedic who finds him knocks him out and steals his hair (for wigs). Then the the cop who finds him after that knocks him out and steals his ice from the bathtub and his right testicle.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Romantic Rights" by Death from Above 1979.