A TV Land original sitcom starring Fran Drescher of The Nanny. Based on events in real life, Fran's husband Peter comes out as gay, but due to money issues they still share a house. Hilarity Ensues.The show ran for two seasons before it was cancelled with a total of 24 episodes.
The show provides examples of:
- All the Good Men Are Gay: The show's tagline plays with this:"All the good men are either married or gay. I got both."
- Amicable Exes: Essentially the premise of the entire show.
- Depraved Bisexual: Charles Shaughnessy, aka Maxwell from The Nanny, guest stars in the Season One finale as a Depraved Bisexual who managed to seduce both Fran and Peter (neither of whom realized till the very end) and lure them into his hotel room. Fran tells Peter "He's straight!" Peter tells Fran "He's gay!" Suddenly he announces "He's boooth!!" and invites them both to bed. Fran and Peter turn him down.
- Incompatible Orientation: They didn't learn this until they had been married for about 20 years, but it still happens.
- Last Het Romance
- Life Embellished: The show is essentially a lighter, softer, and wackier version of what happened with the real life Fran and Peter. The general premise of Fran and Peter divorcing after Peter came out as gay is real, however, in real life, the revelation left Fran and Peter not speaking to each other, and it was only Fran Drescher's uterine cancer diagnosis that led them to reconcile.
- Oblivious to Love: Peter can be really clueless when a guy makes a pass at him.