is a 2007 documentary TV show that airs on The History Channel
, with reruns showing on Spike
. It explores the history of America's toughest gangs, starting with the Aryan Brotherhood.
Not to be confused with the computer game of the same name
Gangland provides examples of:
- All Bikers Are Hells Angels: averted, the one percenters are showns as just that; a minority.
- Body Horror: One of the survivors of a shooting has a metal leg and his intestines are now in a bag MADE OF HIS SKIN...and it hangs outside of his body.
- Gang Bangers: Obviously. Of the street level gangs, Crips get most attention, with their sets spread in unlikely places such as Anchorage, Alaska, Salt Lake City and London.
- Gangsterland: It's a given considering the name of the show.
- Glamour Failure: A meta-example. Anyone who sees criminal life through Hollywood's eyes gets a quick wake-up call when they watch this show.
- Idiot Ball: Several current gang bangers appear on the show and brag about violent felonies of have videos waving enormous amounts of drugs. With their identities uncensored.
- The Klan: The Imperial Klans of America are featured in an episode
- Missing Episode: Some episodes are not included on DVD for reasons unknown.
- Tattooed Crook: the slideshow of gang-related images tend to showcase gang tattoos, and the show logo is shown tattooed on a man's back.
- The Triads and the Tongs
- White Gang Bangers: Dead Men Inc., Imperial Klans of America, Friends Stand United
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters: To what extent the white supremacist groups, or the Straight Edge gang Friends Stand United are actual organized crime groups is debatable.