Series / Fur TV
was a comedy puppet show produced by MTV
Networks Europe and airs on MTV channels throughout Europe.
This show provides examples of:
- Anti-Hero: The three main characters (Fat Ed, Lapeno and Mervin) are Nominal Heroes.
- Ax-Crazy: Fat Ed is violent, irrational, paranoid and sadistic in the most frightening way possible, especially when he's mad and gets his Disproportionate Retribution moments. In short, he's probably the most psychopathic puppet that has been on television.
- Big Eater: In their fan mail episode, Lapeno trusted Ed with the money for the cable bill. Ed promptly spent it on about fifty pizzas for himself.
- Blood Knight: Ed never passes up a chance to beat on anyone.
- Brown Note: During the first performance by Ed's metal band Stinkhole, a smack in the head causes Mervin accidentaly discover this note on keyboard, causing the entire audience to defecate themselves. Of course, Ed being Ed, he refuses to acknowledge this as Mervin's achievement.
- And the studio recording of said brown note takes its effects Up to Eleven by actually killing whoever listens to it.
- Butt-Monkey: Lapeno or Fat Ed are this sometimes, but Mervin is the best one.
- Casanova Wannabe: An exaggerated version happens when Lapeno arranges Mervin for a date with a friend of his. According to a title on screen, the date lasts for less than a second.
- The Chew Toy / Cosmic Plaything: Mervin. He has been injured, beaten by Fat Ed, humiliated or maimed dozens of times, and this happens in almost every episode of the series. Even no one has the heart to tell him he's adopted.
- Cool Shades: Lapeno is never seen without them. He wears them even in bath.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Ed becomes a victim of a shady record label that royally screws him over by turning his death metal act Stinkhole into cheap pop act Twinkhole. Not that he wasn't asking for it (see Read the Fine Print below).
- Cluster F-Bomb: The only one who doesn't indulge in this is Mervin and some supporting characters.
- Comedic Sociopath: Fat Ed, who goes out of his way to hurt someone whenever possible. That someone usually being Mervin.
- Read the Fine Print: Ed mindlessly signs a ridiculously thick contract presented to him by record label executives (who assure him that it's a standard contract), despite Lapeno warning him that he should actually read it first. Of course this later bites him in the back.
- Really Gets Around: Lapeno is a master at scoring with girls. Lampshaded on this instance:
If I wanted to see pussies, I would look through the lock of Lapeno's bedroom on Thurdays. (the scene cuts to Lapeno in bed with a handful of beautiful women) Lapeno:
Why do you say Thursdays? I do this every night
- Too Dumb to Live: Mervin, literally. He repeatedly antagonizes Ed, a person who has actually killed him a number of times, and keeps thinking they're best friends.
- Vulgar Humor: FUR TV relied a great deal on this humor, paired with black comedy.