Series: Dan LeBatard is Highly Questionable
The newest addition to ESPN's "Journalists yell about sports" block. Hosted by frequent Pardon The Interruption
guest host Dan LeBatard, and his father Gonzalo (referred to as "Papi" by everyone) the show is broken into four segments.
- Opening Questions: General questions posed to Dan and Papi about the latest sports stories of the day.
- Guest Interview: Guest interviews with various sports stars, actors, coaches and so on.
- Do You Question?: Basically a repeat of the opening segment. A fact Dan frequently jokes about.
- Si Or No: Questions about whether Dan or Papi are interested in general television programming of the night.
In May 2013, Around The Horn
panelist Bomani Jones joined as a co-host; the show's title then became Highly Questionable
This series provides examples of:
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: During one segment on the April 19, 2012 episode, Papi started dancing causing Dan to grimace through the whole bit until he eventually said: "I'm just going to stop so you have to!"
- Papi also seems to enjoy unbuttoning his shirt whenever he gets the chance. Usually he's stopped, but there was an episode in 2014 where he undid it all the way. Dan and Bomani, seeing what was about to happen, bailed immediately.
- Breakout Character: Be they viewer or guest, everyone loves Papi.
- Butt Monkey: Former Washington Wizards and current Denver Nugget player JaVale McGee has managed to be the source of quite a few embarrassing basketball bloopers that Dan and Papi have watched.
- Catchphrase: Papi's "Si, Si, I'm very intrigued!"
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: Papi
- Large Ham: The question isn't "In what segments have Dan and Papi been large hams?". Its "In what segments have Dan and Papi NOT been large hams?". The answer, while greater than zero, is not a large number.
- Only Sane Man: Bomani Jones tries, but many times comes off as Not So Above It All.
- Sand In My Eyes: When caught on camera crying during an interview with NBA player Wes Matthews, Papi waved it off, claiming he wasn't crying.