Bring 'Em Back Alive was a CBS adventure television series starring Bruce Boxleitner, Cindy Morgan and Ron O'Neal. Boxleitner plays the pith-helmeted Great White Hunter Frank Buck, who here (unlike the real Frank Buck on whose life this series was very loosely based) works out of the Raffles Hotel bar in Singapore during the 1930s fighting all kinds of bad guys in pre-war Malaya.Bring 'Em Back Alive ran for 17 episodes in 1982-83. Even though it was just a short-lived adventure series, it had fairly complicated plots and even the bad guys got some Character Development.
Bring 'Em Back Alive contains examples of:
- Affably Evil: G.B. Vonturgo
- Bald of Evil: Vonturgo again
- Bring It Back Alive
- Dueling Shows: It was created to compete with Tales of the Gold Monkey, as both shows were quickly green lit to capitalize on the success of Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- Great White Hunter: Frank Buck
- Jungle Opera
- Two-Fisted Tales
- Very Loosely Based on a True Story: Very loosely based on the life of real life Great White Hunter Frank Buck.