[[caption-width-right:330:[[KilledOffForReal Who killed Giselle López?]] [[spoiler:Marga Molinari]]]]
''Botineras'' was a 2009 Argentine telenovela, set in the world of football. "Botineras" is a term used for the women that seduce football players, and became rich with them. It began as a comedy, and shifted into a police procedural afterwards.
The main character is Christian "Chiqui" Flores, who was playing in Spain and returns to Argentina to get married with his girl, Marga Molinari. He returned to the "Club Deportivo El Cristal" (fictionl). Cappa, a Spanish player rival of Flores, had been killed under unclear circumstances, so the police had to investigate him. For this purpose the agent Laura Posse arranges a secret identity as a "Botinera", helped by Giselle López (who run an agency of such women), and is renamed as "Mía".
!! "Botineras" includes examples of:
* ActionGirl: Laura Posse.
* AmoralAttorney: Nino, [[spoiler: no surprise he was the BigBad in the end.]]
* CampGay: Paul, Giselle's assistant and stylist.
* DesignatedLoveInterest: So, Laura is with the Agent Javier Salgado, and Christian with Marga, but Laura and Christian are "the" couple and will end together in a happy ending, despite of everything else, right? No! They both stayed with the people mentioned, to the end. There are too many police investigations, criminals at large and loose ends to pursuit difficult romances.
* EarlyBirdCameo: Manuel is briefly seen in an early episode in which the main characters are watching a football game on television; he doesn't make a formal appearance and introduction to the story until much later.
* EvilMatriarch: Ethel, Marga's mother, who forced her to go to Giselle and transform her daughter into a "botinera" so that she could live a comfortable and luxurious life in Europe alongside her daughter, with little to no regards towards Marga's own opinions or dreams.
** "Don't do it, friend… please." [[spoiler: Andres Cappa]]
** "Please, don't!" [[spoiler: Solange]]
* GenreShift: from comedy to police procedural; around halfway through the show's run the comedy time was significantly shorter as the show grew DarkerAndEdgier.
* InstantBulletDeath: [[spoiler: Solange]] dies from a single bullet shot to the heart.
* KilledOffForReal: When Florencia Peña resigned, her character (Giselle López) was killed. Killed by [[HeWhoMustNotBeSeen someone who could not be seen]], and for a long time nobody knew who did it, neither the other characters, nor the viewers, and there were hints pointing to several characters. The mystery lasted for a long time. [[spoiler:The assassin was Marga Molinari]]
** [[spoiler: Solange]] is executed by [[spoiler: Nino]] in episode 17.
* LifeOfTheParty: Christian's best friend Anguila is mostly recognized for being this by the media, instead of due to his ability playing soccer.
* LukeIAmYourFather: Humberto Arregui, head of the police department, found out that he was Laura's father. She did not like it very much...
* MsFanservice: Marga. While all the main females such as Giselle, Vanina and Laura (only while posing as Mia, of course) provide their fair share of fanservice, resident FieryRedhead Marga Molinari is definitely the queen of this trope, as just about every episode has her show off her body in some way; the most blatant example is probably episode 18, in which Marga is seen wearing nothing but her lingerie during the entire episode for absolutely no reason other than fanservice.
* PlotTriggeringDeath: Andres Cappa's death (in which Christian and his inner circle is suspected to be involved with, and what Laura is tasked with investigating) is what kickstarts the plot.
* PutOnABus: After Giselle's death, her assistant Cata is shipped off in a bus straight to Venezuela, where she got a job offer.
** In episode 26, Paul leaves with an international model to work as her personal stylist in Europe.
* SecretIdentity: No superheros or other weird stuff: Police officer Laura Posse created a secret identity to infiltrate the football world as Mia, a fashionable young "botinera".
* SecretKeeper: Giselle Lopez knew that "Mía" was a police all along. It couldn't be otherwise, she taught her how to be a "botinera".
* TheBabyTrap: Celeste tries to pul one on Christian, claiming her son is Christian's (it isn't). He pays her off to avoid her going to the media… which is what she wanted all along.
* TheCavalryArrivesLate: n the finale, Laura Posse faced Nino Paredes alone, before the rest of the police could get to her support.
* TomboyAndGirlyGirl: Laura and Giselle are a case of this. Giselle is a woman with "normal" girly interests (clothes, make-up, etc), while Laura is a woman with more traditionally manly interests (guns, work, sports, etc) as well as not very concerned with her looks. This differences cause them to clash more often than not, with Giselle thinking Laura is an "ugly, boy-ish mess" while Laura thinks Giselle is an "old, self-centered hag". They make quite a good team when their interests align though.
* WhamEpisode: Episode 17, in which [[spoiler: Solange discovers (part of) Tato and Nino's secret ploy in drugging their soccer players to upgrade their performances, flees the scene and is discovered only by Nino, who follows her and shoots her in cold blood.]]
** Episode 25 ends with Marga and Christian rushing down the aisle and getting married… [[spoiler: and then the police arrive to arrest him for both the murder of Cappa and Solange.]] It was such a big game-changing event that all the characters are in different places in the following episode (two weeks have passed since then though): [[spoiler: Christian is in jail, "Mia" has disappeared as Laura has to resume her normal life as a police officer, Marga is analyzing her options now that Christian might rot in jail forever, Giselle's business has been shut down and she's on the ruin, Nino is trying not to fall for Marga's seduction, and Tato is too busy recruiting new players to even care.]]
* YourCheatingHeart: Before the series' start, Laura divorced her husband Marcos because she caught him cheating on her with another woman.
** Christian is seen cheating on Marga several times as well, specially early in the series. The most notable cases are with Celeste and with Mia/Laura.
** Marga cheats on Christian with Nino (who was dating Giselle at the time, btw) while [[spoiler: Christian's in jail.]]