Allegra's Window is a classic children's TV series that aired on Nick Jr. from July 12, 1994 to May 1, 1996. The show consists of Allegra going through her daily life as a little girl and learning important lessons along the way. Usually, those lessons would be through fun activities and music for kids to enjoy. The mini segments during the episodes include a bird family who sings from time to time, and another one including the conversations between a Tuba and a Bass. During the end of each episode, Allegra would reflect on all the lessons she has learned as she sits at her window.Despite being sucessful, the show ended after only three seasons due to Jumbo Pictures (the show's production company) being purchased by Disney.
Allegra's Window has the following tropes:
- Amazing Technicolor Population: Well, guess what other show the creator created?
- An Aesop: In each episode.
- Big Eater: Riff, especially if the food in question was prepared by Mr. Cook.
- Christmas Episode: "Waiting For Grandma."
- Cool Old Lady: Allegra's grandmother
- Dogs Are Dumb: Not in Lindi's case.
- Eye Glasses: Mr. Cook has them.
- Hates Baths: Lindi. Justified seeing that she's a dog. Allegra ends up spending an episode showing her that Baths Are Fun.
- I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham: Allegra hated blue Zutabagas without trying them. She decides to try the Zutabagas after the encouragement of her family and friends, and she ended up liking the vegetable.
- Irritation Is the Sincerest Form of Flattery: In the episode "Copy Cat, Copy Cat, Go Away", Allegra copies her older brother Rondo.
- Multicolored Hair: Allegra has hair of many different colors.
- No Antagonist
- Supreme Chef: Mr. Cook