Justin Bieber (b. 1994) is a Canadian
pop singer, and . At any given time, his name was likely to be a Twitter
trending topic, or it was until Twitter banned it. That doesn't keep him from being one of the most followed tweeters of all time.
He's among the most successful of ascended YouTube
stars, having been discovered by Usher
. Thanks to his "Beliebers", he found both great fame
This singer provides examples of:
- Cash Cow Franchise: Not only is there a movie, but there are also Bieber teddy bears, Bieber dolls (that sing!), Bieber perfume, Bieber jewellery, Bieber kits, Bieber bedsheets...
- Child Popstar: Inverted. He looks and sounds like he's yet to reach puberty, but in all actuality, he's over eighteen. But prior to that, it was played straight: "Never Say Never" featured clips from videos dating back to kindergarten which showed him singing and playing various instruments.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Lampshaded. See the Super Bowl Best Buy commercial under Self-Deprecation.
- Found Footage: The video for "Beauty and a Beat" is framed as footage "stolen" from Justin's computer. It's mighty elaborate for a home video.
- The Movie: A 3D documentary on him, Justin Bieber: Never Say Never was released in theaters in 2011.
- Older Than They Look: He's older than he sounds, too.
- Precision F-Strike: Not Justin himself, but in "Beauty and a Beat", Nicki Minaj sneaks in "bitch" and a sexual references involving hot dogs. The profanity gets edited in the radio version—but not the hog dog line. The album gets away with not being labeled Explicit.
- Pretty Fly for a White Guy: His outfits and sometimes his manner of speech. His love of the word "shorty", and "swaggy/swaggie" deserves special mention.
- Serious Business: For the fandom meanwhile, his hair. It has been noted by at least one blogger that one doll manufacturer lost hundred of thousand of dollars after Justin changed his signature 'do.
- Stuff Blowing Up: He played a bomber on CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Again, his role on CSI. It was actually quite terrifying and got him an award.
- Vocal Evolution: Sometime in late 2011, his voice started to deepen a little. Todd In The Shadows made note of this in his review of "Mistletoe".
- A Wild Rapper Appears: Both "Baby" and "Around the World" features Ludacris, "Never Say Never" features Jaden Smith, "As Long As You Love Me" features Big Sean, and "Beauty and a Beat" features Nicki Minaj. Sometimes live, Justin would recite the rap portion.