Roleplay / You Have Become Your Avatar
You Have Become Your Avatar is a TV Tropes
forum thread where the TV Tropes User is locked in a world where they become their forum avatars. At first, users just posted their reactions, but actual interaction between the users started appearing within the thread and things just got stranger from that point on. Link here: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/posts.php?discussion=12973407290A29800100&page=1
Tropes So Far
- Adaptive Ability: Each time the Meta Reconstitutor was damaged, it re-grew increasingly stronger armor on the area where it was damaged in.
- A.I. is a Crapshoot: The computer in the Springfield Pokecenter tried trapping the group inside the building, but Orpheus managed to smash it apart before it had a chance to do anything destructive.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Upon waking up in the Trauma Inn, Xion!bRaH said, "This isn't my body, this isn't my house, and it's too early to wake up!"
- Big Creepy-Crawlies: One of things found in the Springfield between the border of New Mexico and Colorado is a gigantic termites' nest. The termites tried to attack Joshua and bRaHiAn because they were intruders, but they were easily beaten back. One of their biggest weaknesses is hot water.
- Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick: When looking through Lotus Casino's table to find the teleport-spamming Brahian, Paul initially lists off "Roulette, Blackjack, Cockfighting..."
- The Caper: King Kix, trapped in the body of Hildy Gloom, decides to stage a heist on the Seven Dwarves' Mine and get the Rock of Sages. Unfortunately, the Dwarves stole the Rock from under their eyes.
- A few posts later, Kix suggests poking around the SCP Foundation. The group runs off with the praying nun, but not before killing Elsa Marie and William the guard with a C4 explosion.
- Combination Attack: Used by Calia!Ironcommando, Mitsuru!InceptionD, Riku!bRaHian and Joshua to destroy the Meta Reconstitutor in epic fashion.
- Critical Research Failure: In-universe, the news report gets Homura's sketch wrong: The purple eyes are blue, and that's a yellow shirt, not a dress.
- Frame-Up: Josh suggested that they frame Identical Strangers in order to get the money and get the cops off their back. Storm suggested that they use cosplayers for the frameup. And then he realizes that it was a frameup.
- Gender Bender: If the user is the opposite sex as their Avatar, this will happen to them.
- Idiot Ball: Storm attempts to calm down Heartless Sora Brahian... by singing Kumbaya. Lampshaded by William Radar Storm, his poster, by potholing to that page when he started singing.
- Haunted House: The group investigated a mansion next to their hotel. Unfortunately, it was haunted by the Scissorman and Dan Barrows, who tried to kill them.
- Hello, Nurse!: The praying Nun seems to have this effect on Storm. She doesn't even notice.
- Invisibility Cloak: King Kix gave the group cloaking devices in an attempt of infiltrating the SCP Foundation. Unfortunately, William still managed to spot them because they wore down.
- Lightning Can Do Anything: If a user is struck by lightning, they will immediately shapeshift into their current Avatar.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: Some users fall victim to their Avatars' canon personalities and attempt to act them out. Ichigo Pocky Chama got trapped in the body of Deidara and immediately got the desire to blow things up for the hell of it.
- Mode Lock: When Homura's Soul Gem was corrupted, Fox can't change into the form of another Avatar.
- Mundane Solution: When the group was haunted by Dan Barrows and the Scissorman, Walter Sobchak!Inceptiond pulled out a pistol and shot them.
- News Travels Fast: After the destruction of the Dwarves' Mine, the generic news station promptly aired the destruction. They also aired the C4 explosion that defeated Elsa Maria on air too.
- No One Could Survive That!: The Dwarves somehow survived a direct explosion by Lord Herobrine, who was using Abridged Popo as a body when the group was planning a heist on the Seven Dwarves' Diamond Mine.
- Not in Kansas Anymore: Calia!Ironcommando's reaction when she finds out that she's on earth and not Terra 102 anymore.
- Powers as Programs: If the user retains a desire to stay in one of their forms, they can keep their powers when they change into their next form.
- Senseless Sacrifice: William, one of the SCP officers, tried to smother the C4 Explosive attached to Elsa Maria, but the explosion ended up killing them both.
- The Speechless: Heartless Sora Brahian, until the Grief Seed is used on him, turning him into Roxas Brahian.
- Super Identikit: The police sketches in a news report accurately described Fox and Joshua when they were at the scene of the explosion. Fortunately, they changed their appearance to prevent the police from identifying them.
- Trauma Inn: One that goes by the name, at that!
- Where the Hell Is Springfield?-
- Walter Sobchak!D thought he was in Vietnam. Storm and Joshua are quick to bring up that it's New Mexico.
- In a more literal example, Marcie!Joshua purchases a map that (as pointed out by Paul!Storm) has every city replaced with Springfield.
- You All Meet in an Inn: The transformed users all met in an unspecified hotel in the middle of nowhere. So far, the only clue to their whereabouts is a news report saying it's in the middle of New Mexico, overlooking the SCP explosion.