Roleplay / Who are you people? What is this?
Who are you people? What is this?
is a thread located in the Role Playing
section of the TV Tropes Forum
, having been moved there from Forum Games,
where it was created by Made Of Meat
, who posted in the thread exactly once. It is notable for a spontaneous forum roleplay which took over the thread a few posts in and has continued for well over 200 pages.
As a spontaneous roleplay, the thread is heavily improvised. It tells the story of three magical Chosen Ones
as they do battle with the sinister Organization.
This thread provides examples of:
- And I Must Scream: the effect of the paralysis serum.
- Berserk Button: don't call Ozbourne a moron.
- Brainwashed and Crazy
- The Brute: Severed Khan
- Cerebus Syndrome: hit shortly after the arrival of the Professor.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Pureheart, and he's physically a ten-year old boy.
- Chosen One
- Continuity Lock-Out: as noted, it's over two hundred pages long. A not-insubstantial number of posts are people jumping in without having read it, regulars telling those people to go back and read, or summaries of what's happened so far.
- Dramatic Gun Cock: performed by daltar.
- Dynamic Entry: Wicked 223's entrance.
- Fanfiction: while it's mostly an original story, Jin Kisaragi and Deadpool both make appearances.
- Golem: Beedee
- Heel–Face Turn: Ozbourne
- Immortality: Ozbourne, of course.
- Improbable Weapon User: Ozbourne fights using a syringe full of paralysis serum.
- Improvised Weapon: several instances, including some chains, a lamp, a nailgun, a pipe, a lit cigarette and a paperweight.
- Jerkass: Bobby G, and Earnest arguably more so
- Knife Nut: Mister Always
- Kudzu Plot: as long as it keeps being played, there's more plot to unfurl.
- Laser-Guided Amnesia
- Marty Stu: Pureheart, by Kinkajou's own admission
- Me's a Crowd: used by Lemurian.
- Nebulous Evil Organization
- One-Winged Angel: The Professor
- Orphaned Series
- Recap Episode: numerous posts bringing up to speed those who missed a day or two.
- Retcon: the police arc
- Shocking Swerve: Wicked 223's nuclear strike. It didn't work.
- Shout-Out: to a diverse range of works, from Quake IV, to Kamen Rider, to Mass Effect, and even to My Immortal.
- Subverted Trope: earlier, Hilarity Ensues appears to be quoting My Immortal, but he turns out to have Tourette's syndrome.
- Super Mode: the Secret Seals, along with Mid-Season Upgrade.
- Title Drop: at least once when it made sense with the plot, mostly just newcomers wondering what's going on.
- Torture Technician: Dark Lady Celebrian, and Ozbourne prior to Character Development.
- Virgin Power: the Chosen Ones
- Visible Silence