Roleplay: Welcome To Utopia
"Utopia is a very wealthy and profound school. Created by one of the wealthiest men in society. None can really stand up to the control he has over the nation of Japan. Many go here hoping to further their futures. Located on an island, far out of reach of any city, only way to get here is by boat. What most don't know is the terrible truth that lies behind the doors of Utopia. Male domination; females are pretty much belittled here."Welcome to Utopia
—An excerpt from the World Info.
is a Shitsurakuen BYOND
Role Play, hosted by user Minax
, using a game called RP Unlimited. Of course being a Shitsurakuen Role Play It Got Worse: The male population consist of money grubbing pricks, rapist, complete monsters, or the "Hero type." It is asked in the complete World Information the Welcome To Utopia staff has set up to appear when you first log in "Are you trying to save the girls from this unfair treatment or are you the one causing the pain?" then it is stated that it's your choice be a good master or a bad one,either way the girls are doomed unless they're freed completely.
Good Masters called a Hero type are pretty much not welcomed, both Out of Character
and In Character
. A possible reason why they're disliked In Character is because they tend to find enough trouble for both their Weapon and themselves. As has been stated in the Out of Character chat the reason why they're disliked OOC-wise is because Welcome to Utopia is a Shitsurakuen Role Play, and that it has more good guys then Magnificent Bastards
. Nevertheless Shitsurakuen isn't the most popular Manga around and the average new person's first master will be a Hero Type. It should be noted however a few masters couldn't give two shits about the entire school as per usual of Hero types. Some only care about THEIR weapons. If you see a good master prosper expect them to be a Nominal Hero
Unfortunately, the RP has ended due to an influx of trolls.
Tropes in this work:
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council
- Action Girl: It's actually hard for a female master not to be this since they have to fight the males.
- Miyuki is a notable one due to her martial arts knowledge.
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Played with. "Glitches" in the system allow for males to be weapons and females to be masters. Some are accidental, others have found clever ways to get around it.
- Adults Are Useless: Averted. Possibly because a portion of the Authors have READ the manga, notice how we never see any adults, and aimed to set this right. They even have teachers.
- All Men Are Perverts: And HOW! Even the "Good" Masters are subject to this. The authors use a method called blackscreening which is pretty much acting like sex went down without rping it. It's RP Unlimited and there really is no way you can avoid a post unless you just skip over it completely so don't worry if you don't appreciate sex in your roleplay.
- Artificial Limbs: Adaleiz's metal arm.
- Attempted Rape: When some aren't successful. There's...quite a lot of this but then again it IS Shitsurakuen.
- Bad Ass: Quite a few of these actually. And no, they aren't "Hero types". Interestingly enough, most "Hero Types" seem really lame when you really think about them.
- Every one of Mental Salad's characters. Every one of them.
- I disagree with the above. :|
- Ash is a notable qualifier
- Some of the authors themselves fit this trope.
- Badass Bookworm: Eight.
- Bad Boss: Masters have the potential to be this.
- Beginner's Luck: Averted. People try to come in and make a nice hero willing to save all the girls from this hell by instantly challenging the Disciplinary Club or Student Council. It doesn't work out well.
- I won't name the character nor the author. He's implied that he's read the manga. He knows how the school works because he's had two more characters that he's abandoned. So why did he try to START A WAR?!?!?!?!
- Well, if you won't name whom you mean, it kind of makes it hard to help you out with your question.
- I know whom you're talking about. His author is an asshole. He'll admit to this. He was probably making fun of the people that do things like what did and decided to get serious. Hence the character's personality change.
- BFS: Several of the girls.
- The above is quite hilarious given that some Masters with BFS cannot hold them.
- Bi the Way: Some girls. Some guys. People aren't too picky given the environment.
- Big Bad: Ichirou's dad.
- Black and White Morality: Played with. Some people really just don't care about abusing the girls OR saving them. Some just care about themselves. But hey with the villains in this Role Play how can you NOT watch your hind end?
- Breaking Speech: A certain villain is quite fond of these...
- Break the Cutie: Averted with Teal-Teal.
- Broken Bird: A lot of veteran weapons can come off as this to Masters who have just transferred to Utopia Gakuen.
- Boarding School of Horrors: It's a SHITSURAKUEN Role Play.
- Butt Monkey: Sergio, he's pretty much the stress relief ball.
- Determinator: Most new "Hero Type" Masters, until they meet the powers that be of course.
- Darker and Edgier: Fuck year.
- Empathic Weapon: Most of the females. Especially if they have glasses...
- Finger-Suck Healing: Most of the homosexual couples, both female and male.
- Funetik Aksent: Khulteest
- Gender-Blender Name
- Giving the Sword to a Noob
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Mono Noisemiaze and her player Muffinspasm apply.
- Harem Seeker: Bryson, Bryson, Bryson.
- Happiness in Slavery
- Hopeless Boss Fight: Averted, somewhat. People normally don't go running up to the authorities and try taking them out and Weapons tend to talk their Masters out of doing crazy shit. If they fail...
- How Do I Shot Web?: Just like in the manga Exaclan has a beautiful documentation. Doesn't change the fact that some people still don't read it.
- Some authors have taken it upon themselves to make their characters ignorant on the mechanics of Exaclan.
- Idiot Hero: Megumi came dangerously close to this. Good thing his author turned his personality around by dropping the insomnia aspect of his character.
- I Just Want to Be Badass: Most of the "Hero Types" played by people who don't read the WI all the way through or don't read the manga.
- Inherent in the System
- Katanas Are Just Better : Just ask Tamashii!
- Kick The Do}
- Meaningful Name: A few
- The statue. Who is as far as I can tell a mime artist who stands still.
- Mono. She is pretty much albino.
- Khulteest. Which in her saying Cultist, which is what she is.
- Orphaned Series: Unfortunately.
- Panty Shot: there have been several
- Rape Is Love: Zigzagged. All. Over. The place.
- Reasonable Authority Figure: Subverted by the active teachers. To go into detail:
- Serial Escalation: How much more can the authors troll each other!? How much more weird can Jayith be? How much sluttier can Rosalyn get? How much more attractive can Fluff get? How much more fucked up can Terumi be?! Too bad he's gone now . . .
- How many more times can Kooler221 post the same macro?
- How many more times can the Authors abuse the ~ symbol.
- How many more Lolicons can be introduced to the Role Play.
- How much more blunt can Starwoes D make his jokes without outright calling Vicki Rinney a slut?
- Stockholm Syndrome: Rosalynn & Arimi.
- Rosalynn's probably too retarded to actually stand up for herself so this probably doesn't apply.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Tamashii and Tsubame.
- Villain Protagonist : Jayith Clarke.
- Would Hit a Girl: Kiryoku
- Yandere: Masami.
- Your Cheating Heart: Whoo boy. We got a lot of this, especially in Evalynn and Ichirou's corner.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Author's Likja and Sergetank have characters with purple and green hair respectively.
- Author!Jayith has Sukoshi with blue hair.