We Are Our Avatars: Bay12 Edition
response to our version
of the game. Started by user flameboy99, who soon abandoned the game, succeeded by smurfingtonthethird, who seems to have a thing going with potatoes. The game is played in a Roll To Dodge format. Much randomness can be found.Needs Wiki Magic Love
We Are Our Avatars: Bay12 Edition provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Brief visits were given to an universe where Brisbane was successfully nuked, the dimension of pain, and the StarCraft universe. This very rapidly expanded.
- Author Appeal: Smurfingtonthethird sure likes potatoes. The majority of the plot (if you could call it that) involves mostly crossovers.
- And cheese. He likes potatoes and cheese so much he there was a poll regarding the punishment of the one person for hates both should they be revealed.
- He also frequently punishes people by throwing them into subplots, where they are railroaded to live through plots of several anime.
- Although rarely, of these plots actually have better writing than the main game.
- Rarely. The Battle for the Artifact, for example, pretty much flopped, because not fighting was better for everyone. What happened to the Cheese Demons, though?
- No Fourth Wall: At one point got so out of hand, a temporary 4th wall had to be built. With the Ultraverse sealed off, people proceeded to warp directly in to the GM's living room.
- Includes this very entry; TV Tropes has been shown to reduce goatness in non- Earthlings by at least 93%!
- Includes reality as well. It can get fairly meta sometimes.
- Cloud Cuckoolander: LSP, who else? Often to hilarious effect.
- Reality Warper: Players have realized that anything can be done with a good roll.
- Running Gag: Dozens of them, but the main one is potatoes. Potatoes everywhere. Also, see DRUNK SCIENCE!! above.
- Butt Monkey: Everyone who frequently rolls ones.
- Always a Bigger Fish: LSP unleashing - the goat. Shit's gonna get real, yo.
- Mad God: The GM. Although he is supposedly a lot more powerful than a mere god.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: The GM's preferred method of insult.
- "(speaking to a team of gods))You guys are really shit, I know monkeys that could do better than all of you combined."