Roleplay / Wars of Equestria
Wars of Equestria is a Play By Post Role Play
forum and the Spiritual Successor
to Equestria Chronicles
, dealing with a similar rebel/guard conflict.
In this universe, the Princesses and the bearers of the Elements of Harmony were sealed away in the end stages of a war with Tirek, and Prince Blueblood had ascended to the throne. The Blueblood line had theoretically been trained to take the throne in the event that the princesses fall and Equestria needs a leader, but as the two goddesses were widely considered immortal, the teachings of how to run a nation had been ignored, and Prince Blueblood was left with virtually no idea what he was doing. However, a general by the name of Sky Skimmer saw the Prince's incompetence as an opportunity to take power, and he began to manipulate Blueblood as a puppet king and controlled Equestria himself, instating a great number of unjust laws that the populace cried out against. This, in turn, has caused a rebellion to form led by a council of five ponies that actively resists the rule of Blueblood and the new laws.
Set roughly four years after the battle with Tirek, the main Role-Play is set in and around the capital city of Canterlot. Gray and Gray Morality
is the order of the day with a heavy emphasis on Slice of Life
threads and scenarios with the occasional over-arcing plot of the rebellion tying them together. It is fairly Grimdark
, though only for the overall concept; the threads themselves range from Lighter and Softer
to Darker and Edgier
which is mostly dependent on the participants.
The site itself can be found Here
- "Awesome McCool" Name: Pony naming traditions can lend themselves to this quite easily.
- Badass Adorable: It's a civil war of technicolor, talking ponies. It's a bit of a foregone conclusion.
- Badass Normal: A lot of earth ponies are this.
- Childhood Marriage Promise: Balthasar and a certain pirate who entered the tavern looking for him in the thread Silver Soul, Gold Dreams apparently did this. Turns out they actually got married.
- Gender Bender: There is a market for transgender pins, mostly in red light districts.
- Guile Hero: Political Swagger.
- Meaningful Name: A lot, but Anduriel and Lasciel stand out as the names of two fallen angels.
- Mundane Made Awesome: Wishing Star attempts to cut her lawn with a single laser sweep across the entire property. It took about thirty seconds and the only collateral damage was a long burn along the base of the wall around the property.
- Nebulous Evil Organization: Eclipse.
- The rebel High Council isn't really evil, but they've definitely got the nebulous side down. Very few ponies besides the regional commanders have ever seen them, and even then only at the occasional meeting.
- Overly Long Name: Don Balthasar Juan Carlos Flamenco de los Puertos de Marelaga.
- Rebel Leader: Icefox is the Canterlot regional commander, and the High Council gives him his orders.
- Rightful King Returns: Balthasar wishes for Solar Chaser to do this, as he believes Solar is the rightful heir to the throne of Equestria.
- Shout-Out: Intentional or otherwise, Solar Chaser and his player for that matter are prone to this.
- Silver Has Mystic Powers: In the same way that gemstones can act as batteries for magic energy, silver can conduct it.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Solar of all ponies gives a very subtle one to Sky Skimmer- albeit it is more of a statement of personal grievances.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Balthasar and his wine. He's always got a bottle of wine ready in case of wine emergencies.
- Unicorn: Yep.
- Wide-Eyed Idealist: Solar Chaser seems to be the epitome of this.