Roleplay: Warriors The Final Cry
The story's not over yet.
A relatively new Warrior Cats
RPG on freeforums by Firebird, the Admin of the RPG. Warriors: The Final Cry chronicles the lives of the four Clans many generations after the canon.
It has been generations since the Battle of the Stars, but the descendants of those who fought so bravely still rule the lake. ThunderClan of the forest is strong and compassionate. RiverClan of the wetlands is proud and loyal. WindClan of the moorlands is swift and clever. ShadowClan of the pine forest is fierce and strong. New-leaf is at last returning to the lake, meaning more prey for all. All four Clans are cerebrating the births of new kits.
All seems well and good, but a new darkness lurks on the horizon. Moons after a strange new prophecy is given to each of the medicine cats, four young cats, one from every Clan, are born with strange abilities. When an outsider arrives at a Gathering to speak with the young warriors, the five must go on a journey that will take them far from the Clans. Than again, it might be the only thing to save their way of life. Along the way, these cats learn more than they ever dreamed about what they always thought were just stories. Is there really some truth to the tales these four heard so often as small kits?It can be found here.
This roleplay contains examples of:
- The Ace: The WindClan warrior Stormcloud. His son Sunpaw idolizes him.
- Abusive Parents: The ShadowClan elder Missingtail plays noticeable favorites with his kits. His favorite of his three kits is his daughter Robinflight, who was the mate of Wildstar and mother of his kits. Missingtail deems his late son Pouncepaw as weak because he died as an apprentice and blames his other daughter, Dapplefur, for the death of his mate who died saving her. Dapplefur has gone on to play favorites with her own kits, preferring Darkpaw over his brother Firepaw or sister Ivypaw because he is apparently less clumsy and more keen to do her bidding. It was apparently so bad that Ivypaw left ShadowClan to join ThunderClan.
- Action Mom: Naturally, almost every she-cat with offspring older than six moons.
- A Father to His Men: Lionstar, the leader of ThunderClan.
- Awesome McCoolname: Lightningstorm.
- Big Brother Instinct: Russetpaw to his sister Icepaw.
- Call Back: The stories of Rock, Firestar, and indeed the promise the the real books have been reduced to nursery tales after so long. Naturally, with this being The Future.
- Cool Big Sis: Ivypaw is this to the younger apprentices of ThunderClan, especially Shadepaw.
- Dark Is Evil: Most of the darker cats are still from ShadowClan. Justified as they are still recovering from a Brokenstar copycat.
- Dark Is Not Evil: Most ShadowClan cats are not all out evil, but they sure aren't very nice.
- Dead Guy Junior: The WindClan warrior Wolfheart died before anyone knew his mate Sandpelt was having kits. She gives birth to two: Wolfkit and Tinykit.
- Deadpan Snarker: Ivypaw at her best.
- Expy: Firepaw is basically the Warriors version of Zuko, except he actually gets along with his sister, the Azula in this case being their brother Darkpaw.
- Also, Ivypaw is the reverse of Tawnypelt. Born into ShadowClan and joined ThunderClan because she felt unloved.
- Tinykit, Stormcloud's late brother. Read his profile and think: Christmas.
- The kittypets Rex and Jack to Jacques and Susan. Because really, would the Twoleg nest in ShadowClan be the same without two blood-happy kittypets living there?
- Dawnheart of RiverClan was in a very familiar situation as an apprentice, only her story ends much more tragically.
- Four Element Ensemble: A traveling loner named Sky has just arrived at the lake. The kits she's carrying have this theme, from their names to their appearances.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Lionstar and Cinderfur's kits. Shadepaw is Sanguine, Blackpaw is Choleric, Hawkpaw is Melancholic and Tigerpaw, despite his name, is Phlegmatic.
- The Future: Of the canon. It's specified that the game operates in the same timeline as the canon and the warriors of this game are the descendants of those from the books. It is even specified that Lionstar, the leader of ThunderClan, is the descendant of Lionblaze and therefor Firestar himself.
- Happily Adopted: Tigerpaw, the adopted son of Cinderfur and Lionstar.
- On a Clan-wide scale, ShadowClan-born Ivypaw has adapted well to ThunderClan and they are as proud of her as of any apprentice.
- Parental Abandonment: Three ThunderClan warriors, Breezeclaw, Sparrowflight, and Tawnyheart are loners by birth, but came to ThunderClan as young kits after their mother literally disappeared.
- Parental Substitute: Not officially, but orphaned Breezeclaw found a noble father figure in his mentor Lionscar, who would eventually become Lionstar and make Breezeclaw his deputy. Also, Lionstar's mate Cinderfur is like a second mother to Ivypaw, who's true mother was so cruel it drove her to run away. Obviously, the duo are also this to their own adopted son Tigerpaw.
- Mentor Ship: Several pairs of mated cats were once mentor and apprentice.
- The Runaway: One of the barn-dwelling loners, Thrush, and Ivypaw from ShadowClan to ThunderClan. Both were of the abused type.
- Twice Shy: Ambersong and Nightstorm of ShadowClan. Bonus points because neither is the type to be shy.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: Mostly in ShadowClan. Firepaw just wants the love of his parents, who are so cruel and unfair it caused his sister to run away. Nightstorm was also this growing up and because of it, abandoned his uncaring father to his death without remorse.