You open your eyes, and the first thing you notice is that you're wet. Well, wasn't that a nice sleep?
Welcome to Vatheon
, a humongous underwater city surrounded by a clear barrier. You find a tiny fairy hovering somewhere near you, a strangely-colored starfish on your person. Aside from that, you arrive with what you had on you when you fell asleep. The residents greet you with smiles and towels, eager to help you get dry and start your new life in Vatheon. In fact, they're so helpful, they won't let you leave. The barrier that has protected Vatheon for over a hundred years has begun to fail, and left with no other choice, the priestess has decided to call for power from other worlds: you.
But really, Vatheon is a great place. Friendly locals, great atmosphere, curses that sweep through the city ever so often; it's wonderful. Mingle with the other foreigners, pulled from their own worlds. Start a business, make new friends, explore, get a house. Whatever you do, just don't drink the water.
This game provides examples of:
- Curse: Of many variations, thanks to curse weeks! Enjoy your random Zombie Mermaids, Ghost Pirates, and random amnesia!
- Actual Pacifist: Aziraphale.
- Until Naoya goaded him into attacking him, anyway, but even then he STILL didn't attack. (Just brandished a flaming sword.)
- Big Damn Heroes: These moments seem to happen a lot.
- Comm Links: The StarFish Communicator, or SFC.
- Crossovers: Vatheon is a panfandom game. There is pretty much no way this can't happen eventually.
- Vatheon itself has repeatedly crossed over with Somarium.
- Deadpan Snarker: Most notably, Alpha.
- Death Is Not Permanent: Everyone revives within a period of a week.
- Subverted in that many already dead characters are alive again upon entering Vatheon.
- Defrosting Ice Queen
- Domed Hometown
- Fairy Companion: Every player arrives with one.
- Ghost Pirates: Have been around ever since the event mentioned below happened.
- Ghost Ship: One of these crashed into the barrier.
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl
- Heroes: Vatheon is positively overflowing with them.
- This was even used, in fact, during an event in-game where the foreigners split up to destroy the tumor causing the Ghost Pirates to go crazy and kill people.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: Crowley and Aziraphale, who practically canonically definite this trope. Other examples include:
- Laser Guided Amnesiacs: Pretty much everyone at some point, foreigner and local alike.
- Two curses also included amnesia for the foreigners. As you can imagine, it pretty much sucked.
- Unless, of course, your name is Naoya...
- Locked Out of the Loop: All foreigners are all kept in the dark by the local population. Information stolen from the church and the charred remains of a section of the church that caught fire suggest something big is going on behind the scenes.
- Mundane Afterlife: For some.
- Underwater City