The sanctity of Order.The defiance of Chaos.Juxtaposing forces fixed within the endless web of time. Two elements born into conflict, sparking destruction and upheaval as the battle between virtue and malice rages on. Cloaked in myth and legend, Syrunn is a world rich in sorcery and ruled by wild fortune.A realm of unending possibilities, where brave heroes roam in thirst for adventure and fierce villains strive to tip the scales, Syrunn is not your average play-by-post roleplaying forum. It is its own world, offering the player a vast array of kingdoms and cities to explore, a unique cosmology, a variety of races and an intricate history.Whether a high fantasy veteran or entirely new to the genre, with friendly members and an engaging staff, Syrunn has something to offer everyone.Syrunn.Choose your side. Start your Legacy here..
Contains examples of (WIP):
- Apocalypse How: Umbra has annihilated countless worlds over the eons. Syrunn itself suffered a "Societal Collapse/Class 2" (for those species that survived) and "Species Extinction/Class 3" (for those that didn't) during the events of Umbra's First Coming, nearly 9,000 years ago.
- 1,900 years ago, during Umbra's Second Coming, Syrunn once again experienced a Class 2 catastrophe.
- Aerith and Bob
- Cataclysm Backstory / Great Offscreen War: Syrunn was devastated not once, but twice, at the hands of Umbra in the distant past (see above).
- Character Alignment
- Constructed World
- Demon Lords and Archdevils
- Fantasy Counterpart Culture: Several.
- Hagakarin = Feudal Japan
- Ri Yan = Ming Dynasty China
- Écritêtre = France
- Avalas = Britain
- Märmosia = Germany/Holy Roman Empire
- Xyndi Empire = Persian Empire/Arabia
- Fantasy Gun Control: Averted.
- Functional Magic
- Medieval Stasis: Averted. Syrunn's technology level is closer to the late 1500s/early 1600s.
- High Fantasy
- Mordor: The Shattered Lands, a whole continent brought to ruin during Umbra's First Coming. It was not restored upon the Umbra's defeat, and remains a scar on the planet in the present day. Nothing lives here other than roving demons or other such abominations.
- Play-by-Post Games
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Umbra, and his Arch-Demons, are currently locked in Oblivion.
- The Theocracy: Nroh, a drow country ruled by High Priestesses of Lloth.