Here. You wake up and find yourself in a strange place. Perhaps an empty field, a strange building, the middle of the street, a large fountain with a bunny statue on it, or evena lake. Wherever it is, it certainly is not where you last fell asleep. And you even got a welcoming gift. It looks like a cellphone. More specifically, it's a Blackberry ripoff Dreamberry that works not only as a phone, but you can also view other people's dreams with them.... Wait what?
This game provides examples of:
Tropes Based on the Setting
- Anachronism Stew: The center of the world is Espoir Village, a rustic quaint village made up of several cottages and the occasional mansions, which is surrounded by modern metropolis Somni. Also had a floating castle until recently.
- Animate Inanimate Object: Fruits and vegetables became this during Moon Cycle 43. And they attacked people.
- Bland-Name Product: The Dreamberry. To be fair, it has the added function of broadcasting dreams.
- City in a Bottle
- Dream Land: Somarium is sometimes described to newcomers as a "world of dreams". Which leads to...
- All Just a Dream: Characters who are dropped are said to just "wake up" in their real world as if nothing happened.
- Dream Within a Dream: If the two above tropes turn out to be correct, then the Dream Posts over the in-game network are this.
- Halloweentown: Somarium became this during Moon Cycle 38 to Moon Cycle 41
- Level Ate: Somarium became this during Moon Cycle 45.
- Lunacy: Events and environment changes are signaled by phases of the moon.
- Name Order Confusion: Averted, applications and forms require character names to be filled with given name first, family name last.
- Played straight with some anime characters when they introduce themselves in-game.
- Nightmare Fuel: Dream posts have the potential to be this.
- Moon Cycle 40 revolved around this trope.
- Ominous Floating Castle: There was one, but then it fell from the sky and became infested with monsters.
- Spell My Name with an "S"/Insistent Terminology: That arena that popped up recently? It's called the Coliseum, not Colosseum.
Tropes Based on Characters
- The Captain: Who but Captain America? Whenever there's a wide scale need for combatants, he's usually the one to step and start organizing.
- Cross Over Ship: Since it's a panfandom RPG, it's inevitable for characters from different fandoms to be shipped together since it's a panfandom RPG.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Here are some examples:
- When Flynn publicly declared that Santa Claus was evil and made a resolve to arrest him.
- Anything Luffy does, ever. Especially this moment.
- Odd Friendship: There are... many. Some examples:
- Schmuck Bait: Rei Hazama's posts sometimes are this. Justified as while the players know better, most of their characters see Rei as a cute and innocent girl.
- The Woobie: A lot of the characters in the game could be classified as this.