, Siren's Pull mixes plot-heavy tension between two factions
, slice-of-life day-to-day living, and sometimes-silly events into a game where you can do anything from fighting slavery to fighting legal battles to going to high school.
At least you can during the day, because things get scary at night
This game provides examples of:
- Deus ex Machina: The Core. You can blame it for anything.
- Ontological Mystery: Characters are brought to the City because of a glitch in the Core, because of their special powers. Speaking of which...
Characters in this game provide examples of:
- A God Am I: There are a few of them around but Light, Aizen and Claudio all come to mind.
- Action Girl: In spades! Ninjas and cyborgs and soldiers and sorceresses.
- Aerith and Bob: Sort of the nature of the beast, given that we're panfandom with both slice of life and everything else represented. Joe Fieldman, anyone?
- Alternate Self
- Ax-Crazy: A lot.
- Badass Adorable: Lily Baskerville for sure.
- Badass Cape: Orpheus...
- Badass Normal
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: Oh, Tamaki.
- Bedlam House: Where a few characters— Rin, Matt, Jack Kelly, Yuffie, Nami and Sasuke— have come from before they arrived in the city.
- Blessed with Suck: A few of the game-given abilities fall into this category, and there are a few characters who've arrived with it already tacked onto them.
- Break the Cutie
- Dark and Troubled Past: More often than not.
- Death Takes a Holiday: The day Didi became mortal and was lost from the port. Not a single death was reported.
- Dysfunction Junction: The entire damn city.
- Evil Teacher: Professor Aizen takes a hands-on approach to education.
- Eyepatch of Power: There are a lot of eyepatch'd characters.
- Eyes Always Shut: Gin Ichimaru
- Faceless Mooks: AGI and SERO have them both.
- Fan Nickname: Edgeworth in particular has so many...
- Grim Reaper: Oh, hello there Didi.
- Heroic Albino: Near? Also, Allen Walker.
- Ho Yay
- Jerk Ass Woobie: Plenty.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Edgeworth springs to mind immediately.
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: Several conversations have been had about how events always seem to happen on Wednesday in the comic book worlds
- Little Miss Badass: Lily again, Jinx, Shijima Kurookano, Amy Sorel, Triela
- Made a Slave: AGI sees to this one well enough. Examples that come to mind: Sam, Claudio, Yaha...
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: SERO would be so understocked without 'em.
- Odd Couple / Odd Friendship: Such great CR to watch.
- Phenotype Stereotype: A few. Tamaki Suou and Alois Trancy, for example.
- Reality Warper: The Core.
- Really 700 Years Old: Shijima Kurookano, Beatrice the Endless Witch, a good chunk of the Pandora Hearts cast.
- Secret Identity: A few of these floating around. Some of the oldest are 'Minas' and 'Benjamin' for Zexion and Lexaeus respectively.
- Sex Slave: There are a few of these... we won't name names, yet.
- Ship Tease: Dammit, you guys.
- Stepford Smiler: Otacon and Jack Vessalius spring to mind, both of the Type A variety.
- The Jinx: A few ladies in this port are cursed with bad luck. Jinx & Himawari being two of them.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: :|
- Yandere: There ... are a lot of these. Yaha, Alois, Harley Quinn...