Here. You wake up from what you're told is a coma. Apparently, your entire life up until now was just a dream; you're here at the Yellow Brick Institute for therapy to help you regain your real memories.But, no, that's not actually true; you're actually a guinea pig in some creepy experiment. Enjoy!
This game provides examples of:
- All Just a Dream: What the doctors and nurses at the Institute would have the characters believe.
- Beach Episode: Day two.
- Convenient Coma: What the staff says the patients were in prior to waking up.
- Epileptic Trees: After being at the Institute for less than a day, characters are already thinking up theories about the true nature of their imprisonment.
- Fish out of Water: Everyone.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Everyone from an earlier time period or less technologically-advanced world.
- Jerkass Woobie: Lightning
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: After enough therapy sessions, patients will begin to "regain" their "original memories", while losing equivalent memories from their "dreams".
- Magnificent Bastard: Lelouch vi Britannia, Ribbons Almark, arguably the warden, Dr Linda Grey.
- Nerf: Everyone's powers have been almost completely nerfed.
- Quest for Identity: Somewhat experienced by the characters who actually believe the lies about their having amnesia.
- There's No Place Like Home: This being a multifandom game, this is obligatory.
- Which Restroom Dilemma: Faced by Haru, an intersex character: There are only two dormitory wings, one for male patients and one for female patients.