Roleplay / Radio City 2112
The fourth iteration of the Radio City roleplay, Radio City 2112 jumps things a century forward.... to 2112
. No Crystal Spires and Togas
here, the city's just as corrupt, riddled with crime, and bizarre as it's always been, with heroes, villains, and superpowered transients on every street.
At least the heroes have gotten slightly
organized, forming L.E.A.S.H. (Leading the Extraordinary and Atypical to Stop Harm) in 2025 to legitimize the vigilante game, as well as giving heroes money to pay the rent - and best of all, dental.
Recaps can be found here.
Radio City 2112 provides examples of:
- Bad-Guy Bar: The Yingsu seems to be this, what with it being a drug den home to a information broker, and only having two rules (No killing, and no resurrection. What? It happened once!), but is subverted when, in fact, the place is just as open to heroes as to villains.
- Butt Monkey: King Corvus doesn't get much respect in or out of fights.
- City of Adventure: The city is just as hectic, crazy, and downright insane as it was a century before.
- Grim Up North: While the specifics are unclear, it's bad enough up north that even the walruses have to forge medieval arms and armor.
- Le Parkour: Many of the characters are traceurs and traceuses who utilize their Parkour skills to navigate the urban environments of Radio City.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: The roleplay features at least fifty main characters.
- Mass Super-Empowering Event: Fifty thousand years ago the "rocks that fell from the sky" granted several individuals superpowers.
- Most Common Super Power: It's not sure how much calcium is in the water in Radio City, but judging by the tendency of female heroes and villains to be on the busty side.
- 1 Million B.C.: The past was like this in the setting due to Grog - his name is formed from guttural sounds, lived in a cave, fought mammoths and dinosaurs (or at least reanimated dinosaur skeletons) with clubs and rocks, and he still sometimes relapses into the Hulk Speak of the era.
- Police Are Useless: Conveniently, a large number of men and women wearing their pajamas are fighting crime in the city instead of the police, who seem to be unable to do much.
- Roof Hopping: The staple of many a hero who patrols the rooftops at night, and the villains who use them to evade capture.
- Shout-Out: At least three characters have had Shout Outs to Yu-Gi-Oh! and multiple characters are either returning from previous RPs or are Legacy Characters. Oh, and the street the Tea Shop is located in? It's called Espedair Street.
- Super Registration Act: A rare optional version. Supers can reveal their identities to the city administration, and will then be given access to police-band radio, a special hotline phone for immediate communication, and a monthly salary for continual service, along with insurance benefits, tax returns, and scholarships
- Under City: True to its name, the Underground City is a city underground, below Radio City.
- Wall Crawl: Wolfhound crawls down a wall in order to get into a position to jump onto Mandora's hovercar during the Gala robbery.
- Wretched Hive: Edendale, a place so bad, it is considered worse than Radio City.
- World of Badass: It's Radio City, natch.