Here. Exactly What It Says on the Tin
: It's a dressing room for Pokémon
characters. It is also one of the most awesome dressing rooms out there.
This dressing room provides examples of:
- Alternate Universe: Which is to be expected; it's a dressing room, after all. Most don't have much longevity, but some of the more prominent ones include:
- Back from the Dead: Every character at least once, if they don't idle out. Often handwaved with a Ho-Oh revival or the island bringing them back.
- Cast Full of Gay: This isn't so surprising when you remember that the vast majority of LJRPers are female.
- Cast Herd: It's called CR in LJRP.
- Crapsaccharine World: Many characters have come to see the island as some version of this.
- Crowning Moment Of Awesome: So many. There have been many assembled attempts at Team Takeovers, all organized impressively despite the place being a Dressing Room.
- Team Galactic attempted to control Arceus to take over the island. Epic ensued.
- Team Rocket attempted to control the sentient Island. With Radio Frequencies. Epic ensued.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: More than can be listed.
- Darker and Edgier: Many, many AU's. There is only so much light hearted crack one can play out after all.
- Gang of Hats: Team Galactic are notable offenders in that they never make any effort to conceal their uniforms or emblems. Cipher averts this, and the Rockets vary depending on their universe of origin.
- Golden Age: A year ago there were a bunch of really active players. Now, they all seem to have moved on to other things.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships: It's said that even the Island itself ships people. "Crack" pairings happen all the time.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: By virtue of being a) a popular dressing room, and b) a popular Pokemon dressing room.
Tropes relating to notable castmembers:
- Archer (rulebyradio):
- Archie (mediatempest) and Maxie (oceansbane):
- Clarissa (bandagedbandit):
- Cyrus (distorted_deity):
- Giovanni (of_the_land):
- "Quite the Magnificent Bastard, aren't you? And quite the Affably Evil one, to boot, with a rather impeccable ability to cause InsultBackfires. Of course, no one really wants to point this out to the resident head of The Mafia...er, or rather, the owner of that Legitimate Businessmen's Social Club over there. (Those Mooks, they are not subtle ones.) Ah, well. At least you seem to be a Man of Wealth and Taste, who seems to enjoy reveling in the fact that Damn, It Feels Good To Be A Gangster when appropriate."
- The above quote is credited to Dal.
- Gold (mischiefbreeder):
- Gold (stalkerwithacap):
- Paul (battlestandby):
- Proton (paid_in_flesh):
- Berserk Button: His working relationship with Archer (rulebyradio) depends on these - Archer often controls Proton through suggestions and touch, pressing and releasing specific mental triggers until Proton gives the desired reaction (usually in the form of unstoppable rage or an ax crazy rampage). These methods tend to look a bit...interesting.
- Archer himself seems to be the closest thing Proton has to a Morality Chain.
- Cute and Psycho: Seems a classy enough bastard with that cool tone of his, but there's something incredibly sinister behind that veil of politeness.
- Kick the Dog: With no qualms about impaling a knife into the hand of another trainer's Ledyba and openly killing and dismembering wild pokemon to relieve boredom, he doesn't so much kick the dog as he does stab it.
- Knife Nut: Keeps an impressive assortment of blades on him at all times, which he is more than happy in bury into anyone who gets in Team Rocket's way. Has an almost childish fascination for the two recently-acquired bladed members of his pokemon team.
- Stepford Smiler: To quote his userinfo: "It's almost always a very, very bad sign if he's smiling. And Proton smiles a lot." He's a Type C, though there are hints that he started out as a Type A - he's just been like that so long that he can't give genuine displays of emotion anymore.
- The Nicknamer: Has aptly named Jupiter (g3_jupiter) "Sister Peace" and Clarissa (bandagedbandit) "Princess", whilst Silver (tsuuuun) might as well not have a name outside of "brat" as far as Proton's concerned.
- Silver (nameissilver):