Roleplay / Paixao
Located originally here
, but now here
, Paixao is a multifandom RP
set in the Kingdom Hearts
universe. It's one of the oldest ones out there, going for over 6 years.
Started as a game where characters would find themselves waking up just outside the city of Paixao, a domed city lorded over by Organization XIII where the plants and animals are made of precious materials and the people seem only superficial at best. While that element remains now, it has been revealed that the true location of the game is in Castle Oblivion, and that the "visitors" to Paixao can only leave by reaching the top.
This game provides examples of:
- Artistic License – Economics: You can pretty much pick the semi-precious leaves off the trees and hand them over to the citizens of Paixao and they will take it. Justified in that the people are not very bright.
- Artistic License – Physics
- Adam Smith Hates Your Guts: Averted. See Artistic License – Economics
- Alternate Timeline: Now that Marluxia's been outed as a traitor, anyway.
- Apathetic Citizens
- Bigger on the Inside: Aside from there being two TARDISes in Paixao, the entirety of Castle Oblivion is this.
- Character Development
- City of Weirdos
- Curb-Stomp Battle: The Doctor meets Kuja. It doesn't end well.
- Death is Cheap: Averted. Once a character dies, you have to re-app to bring them back.
- Deus Exit Machina: often, to avoid having plots get overwhelmed, characters usually have something happen to them.
- Fog of Doom: The Paranoia Fog plot.
- For Science!: A lot of the Organization's experiments when they have them.
- The Heartless: Well duh. Also Nobodies, Lumens,note and the Unversednote .
- It's All Upstairs from Here
- La Résistance: There once was a pretty good one of these going. And it looks like the Eleventh Doctor is going to go about rebuilding it...
- Loads and Loads of Characters
- Long Runner: as far as games go, anyway.
- Mega Crossover
- Mistaken Identity: Ansem gets confused for Xemnas.
- Moe Anthropomorphism: Paixao-tan.
- Mood Whiplash: Surprisingly common.
- No Control Group: Slightly averted. Characters who have no particular special attributes have been chosen to compare to those with powers or greater natural Darkness or Light.
- Noodle Incident: Timon, Vyers, and the Toaster Incident.note
- The above was later succeeded by a Waffle Incident.
- The Doctor once came up with thirty implausible theories concerning the life-spans of chickens. And then he came up with thirty more while imprisoned by Kuja.
- Old Shame: NEVER CLICK THE "BEFORE RESTART" TAG.
- Ontological Mystery: One of the oldest, still-kicking spooky jamjars out there!
- Playing with Syringes: Common with the Organization when they inject pure Darkness or Light.
- Power Limiter: Averted. As long as the power isn't game breaking and you use caution, characters keep all their powers.
- Put on a Bus: Inevitable when characters are dropped.
- Reports of My Death Were Greatly Exaggerated: It's not uncommon to see "It's not dead?" whenever the game comes up.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Parts of Paixao seem to be destroyed every few weeks.
- The Reveal: The city of Paixao is only one floor of Castle Oblivion.
- Too Dumb to Live: The citizens of Paixao.
- Trapped in Another World
- True Companions: Several instances have formed, canon and cross-canon alike.
- Wham Episode: Marluxia is revealed as a traitor and kicked out of the Organization
- Wham Line: "There's nothing out there."
- You Are Not Alone: This is a Kingdom Hearts game. It's inevitable.