Roleplay: Neo Kobe Multiverse
Describing Neo Kobe: Multiverse, is rather easy. Deciding whether or not it's one of the best crossovers, or one of the worst thing to happen to the Internet isn't. Most agree with the latter. Hosted through the BYOND Client on a game named RP Unlimited and known for it's poor playerbase and poorer roleplaying, NKM has a simple plot. A God-Mode Sue named Reika has created a Universe, the setting on the RP, and has pulled all of the fictional characters in the Multiverse into her Universe. The purpose of this is unknown. The Multiverse encompasses all Universes. Yes, you there behind the screen, even yours. The characters are put on a floating continent on a random planet in Reika's Universe, and on that continent lies the titular city of Neo Kobe. Neo Kobe seems to always be capable of repairing itself of the damage taken during fights.Reika's reasoning for tearing character's from their home Universes is unknown, but that doesn't mean the RP has gone without a plot. A family of entities of high power shortly began a tournament taking place in Neo Kobe, where a character is ranked automatically. This occurs whether or not they want to compete or don't, but it doesn't force them to fight. The winner of a fight usually gets a the powers of the defeated and/or an item relating to the fight. The winner of the entire tournament gets a wish from one of the overseers.The above has been described as a series of side-plots however, and that's arguably always been the Roleplay's style. Was that not mentioned? This is the fifth time a roleplay like this has surfaced. Based off of Everybody versus Everyone, which had a rip off named Multiverse Arena. Everybody versus Everyone was ressurected twice, as was it's rip off. After Multiverse Arena's second death, this Roleplay was born.It does appear as if a steady main plot is on the way.
Tropes in this work:
- All-Powerful Bystander: Reika, once again. Part of it is that she's lazy and Chaotic Neutral, as she doesn't want to solve everyone's problems. Para Dox, Sense, and Cascade also qualify for this as well. Don't forget Lord of Games.
- Anyone Can Die: Not entirely present, but judging from Inti's brutal killing of not only Vent, but also Giro, and a very brutal rape of Ashe occured right afterwards.
- Badass Normal: Iji counts as this, as she's relatively 'normal' compared to many of the characters here. As well as Gordon Freeman.
- Bad Ass: Sogiita. He can block lightning and catch a railgun shot with his teeth. Also, the Original Character Krath.
- By the Power of Grayskull!: He-Man.. Interestingly, in the tournament, he is the highest ranked character, actually being over the usual maximum of 200. Didn't see that coming.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Both versions of Aeia, Guardian and normal, count as this. As well as various nice-guy/girl canon characters that show up in the roleplay.
- Being Evil Sucks: Reika was originally intended to be the Big Bad of the roleplay, but... this didn't work out as before she even went to -be- evil, she realized killing people was really freaking BORING. She didn't turn entirely good though.
- Crack Pairing: Twilight Sparkle and Yukari Yakumo. The only thing stopping it from being outright bestiality is the fact that Twilight learned a spell that lets her shapeshift into a human, and that's the only time anything really happens.
- Crowning Moment of Funny: Mega Man X's attempt at saving Ashe from being raped. ...except he was fourty minutes too late with the attempt, followed by a brief Out of Character moment of everyone laughing at him.
- Death Is Cheap: Yeah, there's a lot of this.
- Death Seeker: Negative Zero. She talked a big game about how she wanted to usurp Reika to entertain the people in Neo Kobe, but one of her post reveals her insecurities, and certainty that one person, or a group of people is going to step up and kill her, due to her being a sin against God.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Kaitsuru. Early on, him and some others where attacked by a Rhyperior, who used Charm on him. For the rest of the fight, he was attempting to hug it. It wasn't until after the battle, when Chris mentioned that Charm should have worn off by now, that he stated that it never worked in the first place.
- God-Mode Sue: Reika. Although this is somewhat of a Justified Trope as she created the universe this Roleplay exists in. Of course currently it seems she's more lazy and not actively taking action with the plot yet.
- Hijacked by Ganon: Apparently, Death is the one that invoked the creation of the realm, making Reika feel as if it were her own idea, in a ploy to get all of the super empowered characters pulled from every Universe to start killing each other. Whether or not she'll be sitting on the sidelines or actively seeing to it that all of the Supers die has yet to be seen.
- Holding Back the Phlebotinum: Part of why Reika isn't that active in the plot. Some of the less-powerful villains would be hardly any threat if she were to deal with them herself. Averted in the case of Z, however, as he outpowers even her. Which proves she isn't all-powerful, just in control of the realm. Para Dox, Armonia, Sense, and Cascade also apply as they don't seem to actively stop villain problems most of the time.*
- Instant Cosplay Surprise: Sadly, Moonlight Flower is a victim of this when Kaitsuru gets the idea of forcing her to cosplay as Flandre Scarlet.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: Kaitsuru. ...which is odd as he's dating Reika, so in a sense maybe he's sort of cheating on her with EVERYONE? Not that Reika seems to care too much. Borders on Serial Killer however as he's killed numerous innocent civilians for little reason other than gaining power through the tournament. Granted, the only reason he does so is because he breaks the fourth wall and knows they're all nameless Cannon Fodder, anyway.
- Mega Crossover: It's an RP where literally any series can exist at once. Need I say more?
- Moe: ...at least half of the female characters in this roleplay could be listed here.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Ryner Lute accidentally caused The End of the World as We Know It when he made Romanica look at a mirror.
- Squishy Wizard: White Mage, Carbuncle and Natalie. Subverted by Ryner Lute, who, while being extremely physically fit, is nowhere near as surprising as most of the cast.
- Troll: Jasdero and Devit, totally. Reika, to a lesser extent when she gets bored. And Yukari Yakumo.
- Tsundere: Carbuncle. Except it's overplayed to hell; she literally interprets everything as some sort of attempt to pleasure, romance, or just plain violate her. What's worse, is that she generally tries to force whoever she's talking to into doing so. Why? Because her author thinks it's funny.
- World of Badass: ...it's a roleplay combining virtually every fiction imaginable. There's bound to be Bad Ass present in this universe.
- Averted by one of the Goku's being from Dragonball Evolution. Of course it's not averted if you actually enjoyed the movie, and liked the characters.
- Woobie, Destroyer of Worlds: Ryner, when he goes berserker.