Roleplay / Mudy Quest
An imageboard-based RPG styled as a text adventure, similar in style and pace to the game to start the genre, Ruby Quest
, created and run by a man who goes by the name "Reaver
It begins with a kobold named Mudy
awakening within a small box. He is teleported to a world of fantasy, and promptly sets out to claim a kingdom as his own. It only gets better from there.
The archives can be found here
. WARNING: Some of the threads there contain some NSFW material
This game provides examples of:
- A Date with Rosie Palms: At one point Raital walks in on Mudy rubbing his nose, the kobold equivalent of this trope.
- And Then John Was a Zombie: Ivar and Rune, a pair of paladins who were forced into servitude under Calavera upon losing a battle of wits.
- Anyone Can Die: Sometimes, averted. Other times, not so much.
- Artifact of Doom: Darkbeing.
- Art Evolution: And◊ HOW!◊
- Author Appeal: Given this and his other quests, it's pretty clear Reaver has some sort of...interest in incest. So if you're expecting a Mudy isn't Latral plot twist, you're going to be disappointed.
- Badass Normal: Mudy has no powers with the exception of the sword in his body and relies solely on his own charisma and his allies to forge through problems.
- Back from the Dead: Calavera, but then again, he is a Lich, and it wasn't even certain that Swordplague cut the soul up properly.
- BFS: Mudy carries one that's bigger than himself, inside his own body.
- Big, Screwed-Up Family and Royally Screwed Up: The Blutjaegers spent all their childhoods in an ancient abandoned citadel, training to become powerful warriors and destroyers, with a loveless hellspawn as a mother and no father of any kind. Even those of them that did not grow up to become depraved and psychotic monsters share some rather odd personality quirks.
- Brother-Sister Incest: Mudy and Raital? Siblings. When do we find out? The very night Mudy "becomes a man".
- Calling the Old Man Out: "I am not you. And for that I am forever thankful. I would rather be weak than exist in a world where your corruption rules."
- Cuteness Proximity: Mudy, once he witnesses the transformation of his big sister Kuhral. Complete with a Shout-Out to xkcd.
- Development Hell
- Fanservice: Ample amounts, particularly regarding Darkmoon Dagger.
- Fan Disservice: Cheryl the sandworm and Axebeard during the hot springs episode deserve special mention.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: The Oracle sculpture "looks kind of familiar" in several different ways...
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: "Mudy has succumbed to illnes: LOVE. LOVE has escalated into DESPAIR."
- Long-Lost Relative: "I am Latral."
- Hot Springs Episode: Also contains a minor Shout-Out to Ruby Quest. And sibling sex.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Lucinus the Serpent King
- Kavorka Man: Mudy has a way of inadvertently seducing/arousing almost all of the females he encounters, often accidentally.
- Kissing Under the Influence: A mind-controlling slave collar made forced Mudy to kiss a Blutjaeger.
- Mayfly-December Romance: Darkmoon? 922 years old. Totenkopf? Eleven.
- Merged Reality: At one point just as things seem truly fucked, a fey sends Mudy into the past to foil the assassination that set the series of perilous events in motion. It works.
- Moment Killer: Hans and Gunther, several times. Their physical appearance does not help.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: "Blutjaeger" translates to "Bloodhunter".
- No Periods, Period: Averted with Darkmoon, for comic relief.
- Nose Bleed: All of the Blutjaegers, to the point of a running gag. And a plot device. Not Taikah yet, though.
- Only Sane Man: Bladetree.
- One-Man Army: Stormplague the bounty hunter. Several Blutjaegers would seem to count as well.
- Panty Shot: Mudy
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: The Blutjaegers.
- Rebellious Princess: Raital.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: The Blutjaegers, princes and princesses all, are quite active.
- Running Gag: "He also feels a hand going up his leg."
- Shout-Out: The Ruby Quest one in the Hot Springs Episode. There's also a character that bears a suspicious resemblance to the lead of Weaver's Dive Quest.
- Speak Now or Forever Hold Your Peace
- Those Two Bad Guys: Hans and Gunther. They also like apples.
- Tsundere: Raital.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Mudy, after his makeover in Firewater.
- Not to mention that he's wearing panties for the majority of the quest.
- Prince Silvermoone as well.
- Yandere: Also Raital.