At a first glance, Morimune High School looks like any other school in Japan, or even the world at large!
But taking a glance inside the classes reveal that the vast majority of the students possess unique, superhuman traits which defy explanation.
And as with the oddly political climate of usual schools, in Morimune, this leads to high stakes "chess games" between various factions of students, and even some teachers may well find themselves involved before long.
It is in this chaotic ecosystem of the most powerful kids in the world that we find a large number of people simply trying to keep moving through to a peaceful life.
Navigating this political land scape can be hazardous, and some times, even life threatening! Should students misuse their powers, they would find themselves in The Dark Path of the Academy, a ruthless criminal world with the likes of the Suiseiken
calling most of the shots.
And so, into this world of chaos we go...Tropes found in Morimune High School RP
- Absurdly Powerful Student Council: Consists of a lot of heinously powerful individuals, including Physical God Ayumi Nabiki, her First Lieutenant Karasu, her scheming Vice President Akira Kuronuma, the Ax-Crazy? Captain of Security Kei Muramasa, The "Shadow King" Hayate, and numerous others, including most of the player characters at this point, with some exceptions.
- Ax-Crazy: Kei might just be insanely violent in his responses to "threats", and Kagetaro is just plain nuts.
- And Shirako. Oh my GOD, Shirako...
- John. Bet you didn't expect that...
- Beam Spam: Allan's default setting for his weapon, Aziero.
- Blade Below the Shoulder: Zak gets two big ones during his Oracion state.
- Blood Knight: Dex Anthem, as usual for him.
- Most of Anti-Thesis could also count.
- Butt Monkey: John Thornton isn't exactly everyone's favorite...
- The Chessmaster: Akira, Ayumi and most especially Hayate, who is somehow keeping up in scheming with a seemingly omnipotent Ayumi.
- Fero is one too, but is more of a Guile Hero only doing this to save his friends.
- Clasp Your Hands If You Deceive: Hayate, numerous times.
- Co-Dragons: Jae'yon alongside several others.
- Delinquent: Kagetaro has a whole gang of them.
- Demonlords And Archdevils: Ein Woe is stated to be a Demon Lord. Specifically of the Grand Duke Class. This means nothing good for our heroes.
- Depraved Bisexual: Hayate not only has girls draped all over him in his gardens, but openly flirts with Fero...while implicitly threatening to kill him.
- Dissonant Serenity: Has Ayumi ever shown any hint of a change in behavior? This changed recently, but it might not last.
- Elite Mooks: What Allan and even Zak are in the long run.
- Gambit Pile Up: Everyone is planning something, or so it seems. The only parties who are not doing so may well be Rhyme, Yuki and an oblivious Minato.
- Gambit Roulette: Ayumi is running one with so many details and chance events it's amazing she could keep all that shit straight in her head.
- Enemy Mine: All conflict at the school has come to a grinding halt as Ein Woe's Anti-Thesis group and Dolph's Odessa have shown up.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Allan's demise.
- Hero Killer: Akira Kuronuma
- Laser-Guided Amnesia: Minato / Fenton, as a result of "damage".
- Nigh Invulnerable:
- Zakarias Agruera, Ein's "Invulnerable Servant." He also hits very, very hard when he chooses to use barehanded attacks, and moves very fast.
- Matthew is even moreso, being a superhuman from the start, but being able to amp his abilities further via Mana.
- Master Swordsman: Matthew, with one style of fighting per sword he creates.
- Mind Rape: Ignius does this as a matter of course.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Hayate, the smiley little gardener kid, who turned out to be a horrifyingly depraved bisexual who has enhanced speed and strength, and has definitely shown why he has the title of "The Shadow King."
- One-Winged Angel: All of Anti-Thesis has a habit of doing this. Currently, we have:
- Allan Descardo: From psycho bishonen to basically a walking artillery platform.
- Zak Agruera: From oddly bipolar teen to a skeletal monster with Renji's Bankai coming out of its shoulders. Though it did not help very much.
- Jae'yon turned into a giant squid-spider-fox-dragon-thing with a lot of eyes. And then a giant dragon knight. And then a smaller dragon knight which is now a sniper...
- Outside-Context Villain: Ein Woe and Dolph have come outta nowhere, and have caused a large shake up in terms of the school power structure.
- Powered Armor: Matthew gets a suit of it with wings attached, as do everyone else in the 317th.
- Reverse Shrapnel / Flechette Storm: Dolph's magic, which makes clouds of Sakura Petals made of nanites, which can just as easily turn into eviscerating blades.
- Shout-Out: Anti-Thesis is a big one to Bleach. Demon Flare = Cero, Demon Pistol = Bala, the Anti-Thesis Elite Mooks can even use something very similar to Resurreccion.
- Sword Beam: Dolph's Ultimate Spell, the devastating Aura Rave.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Dolph's whole group is made up of them.
- The Trickster: Gamma and Zeta are identical twins who just love taking advantage of how closely they resemble one another.
- Yandere mixed roughtly with Tsundere: Karasu to Ayumi. Cemented recently when she was insulted by Fero, Karasu went all the way to Murder Is the Best Solution.
- Ayumi is also the same exact way with Karasu.
- Hidden Depths: Just about every character has these in some way, as does the RP itself initially appearing to be a Slice of Life Highschool RP that just happens to star Differently Powered Individuals before morphing into a massive Gambit Pileup.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Ignius seems to give off this vibe. He apparently wants to save the world, but his plan for doing so involves killing Yuki.