Roleplay / Microcosm
Another sex-based game. Characters are kidnapped to take part in a giant social experiment revolving around sex, but instead of dying if they don't have sex in time, there are lighter consequences.
This game provides examples of:
- Action Girl: From Claymores to ancient Japanese heroines.
- Anachronism Stew: Not just the characters, but the city itself, which conforms to produce whatever anyone might need from any culture. Most of Micro-Metropolis is Present Day in design and structure, though.
- A Party, Also Known as an Orgy: The Midsummer Masquerade.
- Bigger Is Better in Bed: Jack Harkness, Greebo, Ivan, Tibarn, Bahzell all are superior...to name just a few.
- Containment Field: The dome around the city. A source of endless frustration for everyone who wants to go home, particularly the geniuses who think their intellect should have solved the problem by now.
- Crossover Ship
- Death Is a Slap on the Wrist: It takes six hours for a character to come back. Maybe they're docked some money or messed with in some non-permanent way.
- Exotic Equipment: Nobody's really sure what the Arbiter and Megamind are packing, but chances are it falls under this.
- Fish Out of Temporal Water: Played straight both ways to varying degrees, from Brainiac 5 of the 31st Century lamenting the primitive technology to Flynn Rider freaking out over cars.
- For Science!
- Gender Flip: Common status effect.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: The Captain and any woman he sleeps with.
- Interspecies Romance
- Love Dodecahedron
- Love Potion: Several events have featured aphrodisiacs.
- Kissing Under the Influence: And making out...and screwing...
- Mad Scientist: Quite a few. Mayuri, Herbert West, Nikola Tesla...
- Mate or Die: A less extreme example. Death isn't actually mentioned in the rules as being a side-effect of not having sex; characters come down with really bad flu and then get electric shocks from the microchip.
- Morally Ambiguous Doctorate: The hospital is staffed with 'em. Herbert West and Medusa, for example.
- Naked People Are Funny: The whole point of Naked Weekend.
- Naughty Nuns: Siggy.
- No Name Given: The Mistress, the Captain, and the Doctor.
- Non-Player Character: The scientists behind the experiment. More specifically, Mayuri and Nemu Kurotsuchi.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: Greebo can't understand why what he does is wrong if his partners always climax.
- Odd Friendship: Plenty, but of note because they're not too friendly to begin with: Phantom Miria and the Arbiter.
- Our Vampires Are Different: And how!
- Plot-Relevant Age-Up
- Really 700 Years Old: So, so many.
- Science Is Useless / Useless Superpowers: It doesn't matter how smart or strong you are, you cannot break the barrier.
- STD Immunity
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: Hanna and Agnes, full stop. She's got 8 inches on him.
- Translator Microbes: The microchips also act as this.
- We Have Those, Too: Happens a lot with the different strains of vampires.