Roleplay: Mass Effect Paint Adventures
◊Mass Effect Paint Adventures is a Web Original Interactive Story created by Facepunch forum user Lankist in March 2010. It follows the humorous adventures of Commander Shepard, an ex-hobo psycopath with lazer eyes and his Ragtag Bunch of Misfits, who are mostly (loosely) based on Mass Effect characters. It can be found here: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=906268. It is currently on hold due to Lankist being permenantly banned from Facepunch due to racism, but there is a large campaign to get him back.
Mass Effect Paint Adventures provides examples of:
- Jerk Ass: Everyone the forum users are put in control of quickly becomes one of these, but Shepard more than anyone else, regularly pissing in fish tanks, punching orphans and killing people just because he can.
- Rule of Funny: Pretty much every action made follows this due to the nature of the forum it runs on.
- Rule of Cool: For the same reasons as Rule of Funny. One scene features a character powersliding through several rules to save the protagonists.
- Bruce Campbell: Features as a hologram.
- Post Modernism: "SAMARA advances the PLOT!"
- Affectionate Parody: Of Mass Effect.
- Ho Yay: A lot between Shepard and Garrus.
- Eye Beams: Shepard has these.