Roleplay: Invictus Falling
Invictus, Goddess of the Sun. Maenon, God of the Moon. Ymir, God of the Earth. They are the trinity.
But there has been a shift. From the south come tales of uprising, as the natural order is distorted.
Tales of a mysterious power, of chaos, of death. Of a new, dark star.In the realm of Levant, the inhabitants all possess animalistic traits, with hierarchy being determined by one's position on the food chain. Predators rule the land, and the prey remain deferential; such is the way of life. It is kill or be killed.Invictus Falling is a Roleplay that focuses on a group of unlikely companions from all walks of life, summoned forth by the Goddess to quell the rising evil in the South.Yet how can they do so, when each one can hardly tolerate the other?
— Invictus Falling
- Dulce Manilata the Scarlet Macaw.
- Fauves Cervidae the White Tail Deer.
- Leon Felidae the Lion.
- Lynna Felidae the Lion.
- Njeri Suricata the Meerkat.
- Taliesin Arctos the Arctic Wolf.
- Vermell Ailuris the Red Panda.
- Zanthe Virgata the Siberian Tiger.
- Zydras Melyna the Sea Swallow.
Invictus Falling provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Zanthe, his father, and attempted assassination.
- All Just a Dream: Each and every AU, complete with convenient amnesia. Arguably the ending, though that can be inferred.
- Alternate Universe: The Wizarding School and The Mafia.
- Anything That Moves
- Badass: Everyone. No exceptions.
- Bare Your Midriff:
- Berserk Button: Don't call me a lady|Don't insult Invictus|Don't punch me in the arm wound|
- Big Bad: Star.
- Bigger Bad: Maenon, you troll.
- Black and Grey Morality
- Blatant Lies: There is no Star. There is no rebellion. There is no prophecy. Invictus has fallen.
- Blessed with Suck: Also Power at a Price.
- Blood Knight: Zanthe definitely qualifies as one, and has a lot of fun beating the crap out of enemies - he's the ultimate Pyromaniac.
- Blue Blood
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN SCHOOL?!??
- Call to Adventure: Answered, although Zydras wonders if he should have denied it, in the end...
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Zydras.
- Combat Pragmatist: Dulce and her flaming branches.
- Cool Big Sis
- Crapsack World: Imagine if aristocrats could eat you.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: If you think deer make quick meals, think again.
- Curb-Stomp Battle:
- Deadly Decadent Court
- Deadpan Snarker
- Defrosting Ice King
- Elemental Powers
- Embarrassing Nickname: Why, Zydras, why...? Be very, very careful.
- Facial Markings: Fauves, Njeri, Vermell, Zanthe and Zydras all have them.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Gainax Ending: Are they dead, or was it All Just a Dream?
- Glowing Eyes of Doom
- Heroic BSOD
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Hoist by His Own Petard
- Humanoid Abomination: Star's Mooks.
- I Owe You My Life ((WAIT WHEN WAS THIS))
- Kill 'em All: One of two possibilities. It's all ambiguous.
- Also Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies. Let's just say that the DM waited a little too long - and it was neater to wrap it up this way.
- Little Bit Beastly: With varying levels of beastly; compare and contrast Zydras (blue skin, tentacle hair) and Leon (he doesn't even have ears in his picture)
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: T a l i e s i n
- Manipulative Bastard
- Meaningful Name: Darwin's having a field day.
- Mind Screw: Dear Lord, the ending.
- Moment Killer: Njeri and her... violence?
- Parental Neglect
- Ship Tease: Zanthe and Dulce never did it.
- Shirtless Scene: Fauves just won't put the goddamn shit back on.
- Sliding Scale of Idealism Versus Cynicism: Weighted on the cynical side - in this society, everything depends on power and one's ability to fight.
- Sufficiently Analyzed Magic: DM - MAGIC IS SCIENCE GODDAMMIT.
- Team Mom: Dulce keeps everyone in check, trying to keep things cordial and tut-tutting over her companions' stupidity.
- The Cutie
- Tranquil Fury
- Troubled Backstory Flashback:
- Tsundere: Fauves' entire character base is this.
- Vampiric Draining
- We Are as Mayflies
This page has not been indexed. Please choose a satisfying and delicious index page to put it on.