Roleplay: Inside TV Tropes
TV Tropes is a labor of love. Many people donated their time to entertain each other, because they cared about each other. Their hard work created a veritable microcosm of popular culture, rivaling Wikia in scope and far surpassing Wikipedia in non-notable entertainment trivia.
When people care about each other very much, miracles happen. A new secondary world comes into existence, struggling to emerge from the chaos of unbeing. TV Tropes' Time of Legends is at hand. Heroes walk the freshly-minted earth. Their adventures will serve to define this new world's reality, giving it shape and form, substance and meaning.Inside TV Tropes freeform roleplay: you're Inside a Computer System, and the computer system is TV Tropes.For reasons that may never be adequately explained, Tropers are being drawn into the TV Tropes database. Since the human brain isn't equipped to process raw computer data, the database appears to be a vast museum. (I got the idea for this from watching Night at the Museum.) Each page is a room. The walls resemble computer screens, displaying the page text. Examples are exhibits, either static displays or pictures.You play as yourself. You have some power over this environment. At your touch, internal links become portals big enough to step through. Your touch brings the displays to life. Awakened characters aren't just wax dummies, they're real fictional characters with all the powers and abilities of the originals. Inanimate objects don't start moving, but they become fully functional in your hands. Your touch also turns pictures into PortalPictures, many of which contain entire fictional worlds. It's possible to gain other powers, like those wielded by fictional characters, but you'll have to figure out how, and roleplay the acquisition.Omniscient Council of VaguenessTV Tropes is a sovereign political entity. Its government is a benevolent dictatorship ruled by the Omniscient Council of Vagueness AKA the Powers That Be. They like to play mysterious, but their Sinister Silhouettes are distinctive enough to hazard a guess at their identities. They appear to be:
- Daniel, the new Dream of the Endless
- Doc Scratch from Homestuck (The green lightning sort of gives him away.)
- The Oracle from The Order of the Stick
- The Shadowy Author from Bob and George
- Altimeter: "Alt," Male, tall and thin, has acne, light tan, Chaste Hero. Current location: Kirby.
- Bamack1: "Bamack," Middle class, rather tall and rather flimsy, blue top and jeans. Equipment: Portal gun. Allies: Kirby and Samus Arun from A Game of Gods, Commander Shepard, Atlas and P-body from Portal 2. Current location: The Joker page.
- Bindlestick: "Bindle," Male, Pale, skinny, constantly stuffed nose, allergic to dust, cartoonishly large glasses. Wears a black and white striped t-shirt with black jeans. Current location: Adam and Eve Plot page, inside a Portal Picture showing a depopulated New New York which has been colonized by the Trolls from Homestuck.
- Crewe: Female, tall and ungangly, glasses, jeans, and a dark green T-shirt. Very impatient. Allies: Arceus (in Master Ball), the Autobots. Current location: The Future, Portal Picture for Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, which is now a possession of the Caliginous Empire.
- Deadbeatloser22: "DB," Male, Short, with messy brown hair and blue-green eyes. Wearing a black school hoodie and grey trousers. The Quiet One. Equipment: phone, camera, DS Lite and an iPod, plus some Cool Guns, specifically, a SIG-Sauer P229 and a G36 with Bottomless Magazines. Current location: Fourth Wall Observer page inside the Homestuck Portal Picture.
- Tropers/Gamerex27: "Gamer." Brown hair, black eyes, and a short/average build. Male. Current location: The Order of the Stick page.
- Marioguy128, "Marioguy," Male, slightly chubby, wears glasses, a t-shirt, and jeans. Has black hair. No Indoor Voice. Scary Shiny Glasses. Equipment: radio, some clubs, and a gun. Was going to go to the Homestuck page with Superman.
- Philosopher: "Phil" Male, 6ft, very light tan, regular glasses, blue jeans, and white striped blue shirt. Equipment: Section8 Power Armor. Allies: The Doctor, John, Rose, Dave, and Jade. Current location: Gunnerkrigg Court, inside a Portal Picture of the comic.
- Rich M 90071: "Rich," male, The Nondescript, wears Scary Shiny Glasses and a headphone/microphone/Heads-Up Display set that allows him to play the role of Voice with an Internet Connection (temporarily offline, will recover soon). Mission Control, Quest Giver. While the other Tropers are out on missions, Rich will be setting up a Home Base for them and hiring support staff. Equipment: phaser. Allies: see "Staff," below. Current location: Kirby page.
- Splitting Infinity, "Infinity". Female, Meganekko. Current location: Meanwhile, in the Future, Portal Picture to Doctor Who exploring some anomalous metal structures.
- Stargirl93, "Star". Female, wears glasses, has her hair in dreadlocks, wearing a dark blue jacket, a purple t shirt and Jeans. Current location: Magical Girl page.
- Strigon: Dark skinned Filipino teen with short black hair, black eyes about 5'8 and quite dickish due to lack of manners and inability to keep his opinions to himself. Wears a green shirt and cargo shorts. Equipment: an Armored Core mecha (specifically, a black Middleweight AC◊ "Dual Face") which he refuses to get out of for any reason. Current location: Land of Mice and Overcoats
- Chihuahua0. A teenager with pale skin, brown hair, and handsome facial features. Is wearing a red polo and jeans, and is carrying a laptop, writing folder, and pencils in his pocket. Quirky.
- Chief Security Officer: Worf. Current location: with Bindle on the Adam and Eve Plot page, inside a Portal Picture showing a depopulated New New York which has been colonized by the Trolls from Homestuck.
- Internet security: the Hackers from Jayden and Crusader. Current location: Home Base in The Sims.