Roleplay / Haysu RPG
is a text-based forum Pokémon
RPG which allows players to become trainers in a brand-new and much-unexplored region.
Haysu Rpg provides examples of:
- Bottled Heroic Resolve: Potions and other such healing items, of course!
- Duels Decide Everything: In true Pokemon spirit!
- Mama Bear: When Noema loses her temper with a Buizel, the mother Floatzel decides that Noema is going down. Hershlin's companion, the young girl Annie, also has a Chansey named Nancy who is quite kindly to Annie and her friends, but is more than willing to take down those who threaten them.
- Pokémon Speak
- Rare Candy: Used in true fashion to the games.
- Tangled Family Tree: Domino's Togepi "Lucy" knows the move Extrasensory, an attack only possible by having a member of the Noctowl family as a father.
- This is complicated more by Word of God that claims the vicious Hoothoot that plagued the two is related...
- The Stoic: Thomas' Magnemite fits this perfectly.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Although the stories deal in the world of Pokemon (and the forum tries to keep a PG rating), serious events stick through. Examples including one adventurer nearly drowning in a maze of underwater tunnels, and a Floatzel that tore through the flesh of a trainer's Pokemon.
- You Can't Thwart Stage One: When Kara faces a wanted smuggler for the first time, she puts up a valiant fight, but he flees midway and steals one of her Pokemon. It isn't until later that she stands a chance against him.