Roleplay: Generic Fantasy
Here we go.Generic Fantasy is a Play-by-Post Game set in a Steam Punk Medieval Fantasy setting, and involves the bitter struggle between humans and nonhumans as the latter struggle to fight a ruthless dictator that...Yeah, as if.Generic Fantasy is really a Play-by-Post Game that's made up of 80% idiot shonen stereotypes and 20% regular idiot stereotypes. Taking cues from One Piece, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Fairy Tail and basically every other Shōnen manga in existence, the series thrives on tropes such as Rule of Cool, Serial Escalation and Deus ex Machina. Currently in its sixth iteration (if 2, 3 and 4 are to be counted).Has a Character Sheet, as it's kind of needed.Not to be confused with the Standard Fantasy Setting.
This series shows examples of:
- Action Girl: Most of the girls fit quite nicely.
- Adventure Towns: Um, let's see, Regalis, Pirate Bay, Leven, Zenryou, Saint Abbins
- Aerith and Bob: On the one hand; Gazdook, Yazaa, Kazena, Rikou, Ziggy, Gorgi, Gen, Kaiser, Chika, Lotte(although her real name is CHARLOTTE) etc. On the other; Dominic, Liam, Adam, Robert, Rick, Danny, Rose(although her real name is LOKA) and Jamie to name but a few.
- Anachronism Stew: AND HOW.
- Animal Motifs: The Lycanthropes all have these in their "human" forms which give away little clues as to what their Were forms are. Chika, Azi and Lio also have varying levels of dragon influence as well being half dragon, and Foxy is unsurprisingly Fox like.
- Cast Full of Gay: So far, only two characters have been confirmed to be straight, and even then their sexuality is called into question.
- Canon Discontinuity: Generic Fantasies 2, 3 and 4 never happened. We skipped straight to 5 ala Final Fantasy.
- Cute Monster Girl
- Deus ex Machina
- Defeat Equals Friendship: Several times.
- Does This Remind You of Anything?: While temporarily a vampire, Rose attempted to drink blood from a cut on Dominic's hand. She likely could have phrased it less suggestively.Rose (to Dominic): "C'mon, just lemmie see it for a little bit. It'll hurt more if you resist!"
- Expy: A ton. Expected, considering it's a Play-by-Post Game.
- Fanservice: Ask any of the veterans about Page 85. Go ahead.
- Fantastic Racism: The town of Regalis falls quite neatly under this.
- Fur Against Fang: It's well known that Lycanthropes(Were beasts) and Vampires don't like one another in the world of Generic Fantasy. As of the end of Saint Abbins arc, peace between the two has been made.
- Functional Magic
- Idiot Hero: At least half the cast are this with Lotte, Chika and Angel being the most obvious.
- Operation Jealousy: Invoked by Lio, who immediately accused Rose of messing with his feelings by bringing in a second love interest. She's entirely innocent.
- Our Werebeasts Are Different: Lotte, Dominic, Deven and Jacque are all extremely nice(if a little chaotic). More traditional Were villainy is also found here. Dominic functions differently from the others too. Feature wererabbits, werecats and werewolves.
- Philosopher's Stone: It exists, and has been used. Foxy ate it.
- Specifically, there are two methods to its creation: The first is sacrificing 1000 souls to forge its creation; the second involves a lifetime of labor.
- A Philosophers Stone can also be used for a number of things, including Infinite Wealth, Endless Life, Resurrection of the Dead, Godlike Power, Stealing Another's Ability, Eternal Beauty, and Genocide. These powers represent, in this order, Greed, Gluttony, Despair(Sloth), Pride, Envy, Lust, and Wrath.
- Refuge in Audacity
- Rule of Cool
- Shout-Out: Rose steals a book from a shop called "The Photo Shoppe" in a town called "Pirate Bay".
- The most dangerous creature in the Generic Fantasy universe? The dreaded Sea Serbird Lagann.
- True Companions: Both of the major groups are these.