Roleplay / Fragile Alliance
An RP created by Slash_Prower
. It is set in an alternate universe, where 5 mercenary organizations constantly battle over power, money, and prestige. These organizations are: Fenrir's Fang, Delta Technologies, Dragon's Chain, Lightwing Alliance, and the Blackthorn Corporation
. Each organization has a specialty. Fenrir's Fang has a large number of well-trained followers, Delta Technologies specializes in advanced super-soldiers, and Dragon's Chain has fantical, super-religious followers and advanced weaponry. And what do the Lightwing Alliance and the Blackthorn Corporation have? Why, super-powered founders, of course. What else?
Anyway, players make characters that are "minor sensitives", i.e. people with fledgeling superpowers. They choose an organization to fight for. In the old version, players could only be in the Blackthorn Corporation, and had to pick a founder to work under.
It can be found here.
The old version can be found here.
The new version provdes examples of:
- Pocket Dimension: The kleptomaniac Syd has an invisible one right behind her back, which she uses constantly.
The old version provides examples of:
- Badass: The sniper Fransisco Cortez simply personifies badassery.
- Badass Normal: Ned has none of the powers the Associates have, but, so far, he has shown himself to be pretty Badass.
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: The Collective, from the Outbreak mission. The creator put that in just to see how much people were willing to accept.
- Deadpan Snarker: Fransisco Cortez.
- Deus ex Machina: Why did Dean have a spare sonic screwdriver in his pocket? How many does he have? Anyway, he used it to try and leave Li's laboratory. Li put him in his place.
- Fragile Speedster: Nathan Weuber.
- MacGuffin: Dean's fucking sonic screwdriver. After he uses it to reattach his dismembered tongue, Cari (who cut off the tongue in the first place) has this to say:
: God damn it, I don't cut out tongues just so that people can use their MacGuffins
to put them back! (She grabs the sonic screwdriver using telekinesis, then snaps it)
"And don't you dare pull out another fucking MacGuffin
to fix that MacGuffin
, because I swear to God next time I am cutting your balls off along with your tongue and throwing them over the edge of the roof. God damn.
- Made of Iron: After Dean failed to kill Seth, he had so much crap done to him that he should have either died or become a shivering, agony-filled wreck. He (in this order) had a gun smashed into his head so hard that it dented, had his arm snapped, was punched really hard in the face seven times, was shot in the foot, had his tongue cut out(although he put it back), was slammed into an operating table by a pissed-off, 6'6" Li, underwent painful, intensive surgery while conscious, and he's somehow still fine, acting as if nothing had happened to him. His Endurance level is 2, which is below average. He should have been completely broken by the time he was shot in the foot.
- Smug Snake: Dean Wilson, oh so much.
- Sociopathic Soldier: Warlock.
- The Speechless: Sou Marin.
- Split Personality: Antionette Thora switches between a very arrogant personality and a very timid one whenever she is hit.
- The Scrappy: Dean Wilson. Has only been on for part of one mission, and has already managed to piss off every founder except Kit, as well as most of the Associates. Used to be Nathan Weuber, but Nathan got better after the whole resurrection business.
Both versions provide examples of:
- Action Girl: All of the female Founders, which are Iris, Cari, Aiessa, and Kit.
- Altum Videtur: The motto of the Corporation is Aut vincere aut mori.- "Either conquer or die."
- Ax-Crazy: Where to begin? Jericho, Cari, Warlock, Aiessa, Dean, possibly Reaper...
- Bad Boss: The founders are, on average, pretty terrible bosses.
- Bearer of Bad News: Since when have we had good news?
- Being Watched: One word, and one word only: Jericho. All else is not necessary.
- Berserk Button: Seth won't die if you try to kill him, but any attempt really pisses him off. Also, don't try to compare your intelligence to Li's.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Cari speaks like this, all the time.
- Cold Sniper: Fransisco Cortez.
- Crapsack World: Crime runs rampant, and there are 5 mercenary organizations as well as multiple crime empires always having huge battles over power and property. Not a fun place to be for any non-founder.
- Eldritch Abomination: What Li actually is, as well as being Really 700 Years Old.
- Five-Bad Band: The founders.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Aiessa Lockheart is half demon. Nicholas and Mist Black of the Lightwing Alliance are half angel.
- Horror Hunger: The reason Aiessa eats people, although she rather enjoys it.
- I Am A Humanitarian: Aiessa Lockheart and her Associate, Warlock.
- Immortality: Seth is actually a Type I, as he can regenerate From a Single Cell and does not age.
- Improbable Age: Kit, Aiessa, and Reaper. Justified with Aiessa in that she's actually 22 years old, but looks 15. Also averted with Kit, as she's weaker than the older founders.
- Jerk Ass: Jericho and Cari are both this in varying degrees, and a lot of the Associates display a tendency towards this. They are killers, after all.
- Knife Nut: Cari Rose.
- Laughing Mad: Once again, Aiessa Lockheart and Warlock.
- Mad Scientist: Li Jones is a completely unrepentant one.
- Manipulative Bastard: Is there really any that AREN'T? Although Warlock is a prime example of such.
- Mind over Matter: Cari Rose's ability.
- Mind Rape: A major part of Jericho's ability.
- Murder, Inc.: The Blackthorn Corporation, which is also The Syndicate.
- Nice Guy: Kit Jones is just a generally all-around nice person.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Whenever an Associate pisses off a founder, this is almost guaranteed to happen.
- No Kill Like Overkill: This is the founders' policy. A notable example is Cari punching someone in the head so hard that it practically liquified their skull.
- Psychic Powers: Most of the abilities of Associates show up as this. Cortez is clairvoyant, Apollo has psychometry, Lisa is an empath, Warlock is a suggestor, Dean is a technopath, and Antoinette has electrokinesis. Founders also tend to have this: Aiessa is pyrokinetic, Cari is telekinetic, and Jericho is a very strong telepath. Cari also has limited teleportation abilities.
- Psycho Electro: Averted. Nicholas Shepard is a really nice guy.
- Psycho for Hire: The founders are all pretty much this, save for Kit and Iris.
- Pyro Maniac: Aiessa Lockheart.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: The Blackthorn Corporation's founders. Justified in that even though they're a bunch of innocent-killing, unstable jackasses, they're insanely powerful and very good at what they do. Besides, it's not like mercenaries have to be nice.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Jericho's eyes are usually green. If they suddenly turn red, with extremely contracted pupils, either you or someone in the general vicinity is totally screwed. Anyone being controlled, affected, or influenced by him will also have the same thing happen to their eyes.
- Slasher Smile: Aiessa, all the god damn time.
- The Stoic: Iris Craig and Seth until you break one of his rules. * Token Minority: Iris Craig seems to be this, as she is Salvadoran while the other Corporation founders are either American or British. Sort of averted, as her race never really comes up and she speaks English perfectly fine.
- Villain Protagonist: The whole point of the RP. Everyone in the Corporation is a Villain Protagonist.