Roleplay / Fallen Angel RP
The basic premise of Fallen Angel is well worn. The Supernatural has overrun the Earth, leaving the survivors to fend for themselves and creatures out of mythology the dominant species.
What isn't well worn is how it got there, and how it wraps up.
The forum is currently up and running, with the RP active.
It can be found here.
Its sister RP is Lords Of Shadow
The Fallen Angel series contains the following tropes:
- Berserk Button: Using bad grammar when board admin UHC is around is a bad idea.
- Crowning Moment of Awesome: In the old RPs, Patrick Harker comes back from the Fiddler's Green to punch his genocidal son in the face.
- Broke Your Arm Punching Out Cthulhu: Even though Humanity managed to survive the Invasion and kill Lucifer, humanity is on the brink of exctinction, with most re-established cities housing only thousands, while Earth's total human population is numbered in the single digit millions
- Gondor Calls for Aid: The various Werewolf and Vampire clans eventually end up allying against the Invasion despite a deep seated hatred for the other. Also, Humanity, when it accepts the help of the other two.
- Talking the Monster to Death: Pages upon pages of pure dialogue in the original. Half the time the GM wasn't needed or just got in the way of a good story by moving it along.
- Fake Longevity: The original was only as long as it was due to Talking the Monster to Death.
- Finishing Stomp: In the new RP, Patrick stomps a helpless Imp's face in.
- Half-Human Hybrid: In the years following the invasion, this became common as Humanity became accepted by the Werewolf and Vampire clans. By the original RP series run, more than half of children born in human controlled ares were Hybrids.
- Impossible Task: During the old RP run, trying to convince anyone to RP as a human.
- For RPer UHC, RPing as a human despite the protest of other RPers.
- Interspecies Romance: Every character ended up in one, no exceptions.
- There Is No K Ill Like Overkill: Humanity had to adopt this just to survive in Post-Invasion Earth.
- Shout-Out: The remains of the United States forming a sinister government called the Allied States of America?
- Also, Edward Harrison and Patrick Harker are a shout out to a previous RP one of the users participated in.
- Our Angels Are Different: This pops up from time to time. In the original, Talrania was a prime example.
- Our Demons Are Different: In spades.
- More Dakka: When the going gets tough, some players bring out more guns.
- Retcon: When everyone decided something should have been different, it was made so.
- Humans Are Special: Through this whole mess, a few of humanity's finest pulled of Crowning Moments of Awesome.
- We Have Reserves: This is the strategy Demon's use. And they pull it off all too well, having thousands of years to build massive armies.
- Arbitrary Gun Power: It takes X number of hits to kill big bad.
- Ass Pull: When something is needed, it's conveniently located in Hammer Space.
- Speaking of, Hammer Space is a convenient place to put anything you might need later. Usually located in the rear end of the character.
- Combination Attack: Typical Big Boss beatdown.
- Fake Ultimate Mook: One villain was beaten by smack talk from the chick he claimed to work for.
- Badass Normal: All the humans.
- Follow the Plotted Line: The GMs have a habit of making everything work for their storyline in the end.
- Item Crafting: A few blokes didn't carry anything with them. They just made it up on the spot.
- Let's Split Up, Gang: Guaranteed or your money back!
- The Minion Master: There's been a few over the revisions.
- Monster Allies: Humans and Hybrids unite!
- Aerith and Bob: Aeris, Alehkra and Patrick.
- Romance Sidequest: Everyone ended up either married or at least involved with someone else.
- Sorting Algorithm of Evil: Big Bad can't be the first fight, now can he?