It is played by 5 Players and 1 Game Master since mid December 2015. The story deals with Leipzig suffering an Invasion by the Sabbat, which tries to dominate the Camarilla-ruled City.
Fading Masquerade provides examples of the following tropes:
- Beauty Is Never Tarnished: There are many good-looking female Characters who fulfill this trope. This is very much true for both female Player Characters Maja and Julia, who have been, after a pretty rough fight, good looking enough to enter a High Society Place without raising questions about their looks.
- Black and Gray Morality: Pretty much the whole World consists of this. Well, with the possible exception of Constantin Schön, who is clearly on the white side of things.
- Dark is Not Evil: Applies to the Camarilla. While they are far from being the good guys, they are at least not the bad guys.
- Exposition of Immortality: This crops up with a lot of the older Vampires. Sophia is a good example as she collects paintings and wine.
- Fire-Forged Friends: A lunatic, a stray Gypsy, and a supermodel break into the residence of an elder Vampire and somehow manage to survive the whole incident unharmed. Of course, they become friends at the end.
- Kiss of the Vampire: The most common way of feeding for the Vampires, except for Constantin, who refuses to go after involuntary people and usually drinks from rats.
- Lighter and Softer: Compared to the original Vampires setting. Things are a bit more friendly around here and some people are going as far as calling it "Cozy Vampires".
- Masquerade: Duh!
- Older Than They Look: Since the whole story is about vampires, this really shouldn't be a surprise.
- Our Vampires Are Different
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Sophia von der Steineiche. Her predecessor did not do that much during the prior decades.
- Undeathly Pallor: With a few exceptions, all Vampires have greyish pale skin, showing that they are basically dead.
- Vampire: The Masquerade: The game which the RP is based on.