Roleplay / Escape To Gates Glorious Glittering Guard Dome
—''"Hello........Hello......if anyone out there can hear this, I wanted you to listen very carefully. My name is Bill Gates, whoever is listening, you probably know who I am. I am one of the few survivors of the great Oreo plant mass extinction event of 2014. They should never have tried for Quintuple stuffs. I survived the ensuing cloud of toxic radiation thanks to my Armani biohazard suit that I started wearing back in 2011 during my Howard Hughes phase. Who's crazy now?
—Anyway back on point. After the incident, Washington was left uninhabitable, as was much of the continent so I made my way south, using my jetpack. I finally reached a point where the land was stable enough to build a city again. I had the best engineers that Mexico had left construct a giant dome made out of solid plexiglass with stainless steel meshing over top for breathing. This dome was then lowered into place over what was previously known as San Diego. Since I've protected it, I'm now calling it Gatesburg. Anyway, this is a safe haven from the numerous mutants that have spawned across America since the incident, so I urge all of my fellow immune survivors, to make their way for Gatesburg, where you will have a chance to live a healthy life with little to no mutant contact whatsover! There will be free Xbox Live for everyone! Hurry now!"''
It all started with the Oreo Incident.
In the year 2014, some guy thought it would be a good idea to stuff five times the original amount of cream into an Oreo cookie. These cookies were distrubuted across the world. People loved them.
Loved them, that is, until the mutations came in.
See, the cookies, from their overdose of cream, were bathed in radiation. This radiation caused problems all over the world. Riots broke out in the streets. Mutant people and animals ran amok. And nobody could do a thing to stop them.
Nobody, that is, but Bill Gates.
Gates had survived the apocalypse with his Armani Biohazard suit, and managed to fit an enormous guard-dome
over the city of San Diego. He renamed it Gatesburg, and sent out a message to the USA, telling them to head to Gatesburg if they valued their lives.
A group of people in the Boston area heard this message, and set off to find Gatesburg. They were a mixed bunch- a kung-fu fighting with a shady past, a Japanese computer scientist searching for her girlfriend,
a marine who's platoon was slaughtered, and is now just looking for something to give meaning to his life, and a normal everyman just trying to get back to his old life.
This is their story.Found here.
This Web Original provides examples of:
- Action Girl: Sam and Tsukiko.
- After the End
- Awesome Mc Cool Name: Tsukiko Yoshida.
- Darkest Hour: After the Oreo Effect.
- Deadpan Snarker: Brandon. Oh GOD Brandon. But he always plays it for laughs.
- Department of Redundancy Department: After they kill the Mutant Deer, we get this exchange:
Brandon: ...Who in their right minds feeds a deer oreos? Someone must have been desperately trying to bag a buck before the oreo effect. Or they broke into peoples homes and ransacked the place for oreos.
Tsukiko: Nobody said the deer were fed. They could've raided a camper's picnic basket, or something to that effect.
- To be fair, though, this was to the fault of the user controlling her.
- Didn't See That Coming: MUTANT DEER!
- Five-Man Band:
- Gadgeteer Genius: Brandon was implied to be somewhat of a genius when taking things apart and putting them back together, fixing stuff, and even improvising using the stuff around him.
- Genki Girl: Sam might just be this.
- Great Escape: Basically the premise for the RP. Escape the wastelands to get to safety.
- Gentle Giant: Ryan is the biggest of the group, and despite his imposing figure, he is a calm, peaceful guy who generally doesn't like to get into fights.
- Gun Nut: Cole.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: Bill Gates when he sends out the broadcast message, inviting all survivors to Gatesburg.
- Heel–Face Turn: Very debatable considering his past, but Bill Gates.
- Improvised Weapon: Tsukiko uses a steel lunchbox as a bludgeon.
- Infant Immortality: Averted. We don't know if there are mutant babies, but there is no way Babies could survive in a post-apocalyptic wasteland.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Ryan played a lot of Call of Duty. How else could he headshot a sprinting deer?
- Knife Nut: A couple of the characters have bandoliers of knives. They're not insane, though.
- Mutant Apocalypse
- Nice Guy: Pretty much the whole group.
- One of Us: Most of the group plays video games, or at least did before the Incident.
- Oh, Crap!: Aah! Mutant deer!
- "WHO THE F*** FEEDS DEER OREOS!?"
- Sugar Apocalypse: In the literal sense.
- Our Zombies Are Different: The mutants are pretty much L4D zombies, only better, because some could have giant sharks for heads. Oh, and Mutant Deer.
- The Cameo: Bill Gates is the one who converted San-Diego into Gatesburg.
- The Danza: Brandon Turner