Here. You wake up on Senburu-Trati'salan, a falling apart space station. Or maybe you came here willingly. Or maybe you're an agent for...The Fay'lia Empire, a sprawling, psuedo-Roman, multidimensional empire. And by showing up on the station, you're now a dangerous terrorist in their eyes. Your job is to travel around the multiverse, recruiting others to the cause of La Résistance.Entanglement is a small, niche game, centered around intrigue and politics where the characters take on the role of rebels against (or agents for) The Empire.
This game provides examples of:
- Anarchy Is Chaos: Largely averted. The station gets along with a rather jerry rigged political structure.
- Ascended Meme: THE MODS HATE CATS
- Armies Are Evil: IC view held by some characters and many of the NPC hippies. Particularly evident in Sheeana and Talbot's feuding, although how much of that is real ideology and how much is them just plain not liking each other is not clear.
- Ass in Ambassador: Literally, in Sandoval's case. He just doesn't seem to get (or perhaps not care) that most nation's diplomatic affairs don't include orgies.
- Bread and Circuses: The Fay'lia way of governing.
- Disaster Democracy
- Gambit Pileup: Appears to be shaping up to happen with the two Goa'uld and Adria, Gauron, the Bene Gesserit and the various Fay'lia agencies all trying to out-manipulate each other.
- Grey and Grey Morality: While the Fay'lia do ruthlessly suppress dissent, they also raise the standard of living of conquered dimensions and bring them order, peace and protection. While the rebels are fighting for independence, their methods aren't always ethical and many are willing to make alliances with very unethical people who just happen to have a grudge against the Empire.
- Hauled Before a Senate Subcommittee: What the MHB (Fay'lia secret police) proposed as a deal for letting the station go from the universe of Cat Planet. The station may be blowing them off.
- La Résistance: They're even called that.
- Les Collaborateurs: The characters who are secretly spying for the Fay'lia
- Lotus-Eater Machine: Drosselmeyer's machine, from the convention planet
- New-Age Retro Hippie: Most of the NPCs on the station are this.
- NPC: One of the few Livejournal Roleplays to include a large population of these and allow player use of most of them.
- Occupiers out of Our Country: The station's primary message.
- Our Elves Are Different: The Fay'lia appear to be decadent high elves, with a distinct Roman influence
- Planet of Hats: The first plot was actually called that.
- Public Service Announcement: The Fay'lia do this a lot. So do the characters, occasionally. It's usually little more than propaganda for either side.
- Show Within a Show: Freedom Deliverer Robin and the unnamed Fay'lia propaganda magical girl show it was designed to counter.
- The Alleged Space Station: Senburu-Trati'salan is this.
- The Empire: The Fay'lia
- The War on Straw: An in-universe example. Fay'lia propaganda portrays the rebels as amoral terrorists.
- Treachery Cover Up: Whoever programmed Meteo Spiderbeam's ship to crash into the station
- Your Terrorists Are Our Freedom Fighters
- We ARE Struggling Together