Roleplay / Demon Castle Wars
Demon Castle Wars
is a NationStates
rp and part of Nightkills Shit
The roleplay is about a millenary organization of powerful demon hunters only known as the Order, led by a mysterious entity named Eclesius, whom no one has ever seen or heard. This Order sends it's elite to fight against the hordes of Hell, that have gained a foothold in the human world through the Demon Castle, a nightmarish structure from which wave after wave of demons pour out endlessly. The Order made it's existence public and requested assistance. The nations of the world have formed the Intercontinental Guard and blockaded the Demon Castle as a response. Now, the Order's elite is about to face their most dreadful challenge yet, an event that is said to be the most difficult challenge mankind will face in all of eternity...
Tropes commonly associated with Demon Castle Wars are:
- Absurdly Sharp Blade: Basically all of the Hallowed Weapons.
- Action Girl: Dream, the child-like woman that's the Order's best swordfighter.
- Ancient Artifact: The Hallowed Weapons.
- Big Bad: The Adversary.
- Big Fancy Castle: The Demon Castle. It even gets the lava moat bonus points.
- Big Good: Eclesius.
- Crazy-Prepared: While heading to Hell's stronghold in Earth, Ascalon carries an extra set of clothes.
- End of the World as We Know It: This is what will happen if the Order fails in fighting back the hordes of the Adversary.
- Expy: The leader of the team sent ot the Demon Castle, Ascalon, looks like Julius Belmont from Castlevania: Chronicles of Sorrow. His name is also taken from a weapon present in those games.
- Achaes was basically taken from another roleplay and given a shotgun.
- Zarahal looks like the Black Knight from Fire Emblem: Path Of Radiance.
- God and Satan Are Both Jerks: While it's the Adversary that's trying to destroy the world as we know it, the Almighty's not doing anything. In fact Eclesius has it clear that up in Heaven, they're not even going to bother.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Ascalon and Ivory are both half-demons.
- Hell on Earth: That's basically what the Demon Castle is.
- Nobody Poops: Justified by the superpower of Self-Sustenance, which is basically possessed by all of the members of the Order.
- The Devil: The Adversary. Which is basically the same thing, but using terms taken from Isaac Asimov.
- The Legions of Hell: That's what the Order fights against.
- The Order: ...It's bloody obvious.
- The Verse: Nightkills Shit
- 20 Minutes into the Future: This takes place the 23rd of December, 2012.
- Vampire Hunter: Ascalon, Steele and Grimm all come ready to kill vampires, given they both carry stakes with them.
- No Ending: The roleplay died and was killed by NationStates' auto-prune function.