Roleplay: Carnival Of Rust
Lalalala description of Co R
This game provides examples of:
- A.I. Is a Crapshoot: Glados isn't what I would call the nicest AI ever.
- All-Knowing Singing Narrator: Nemo definitely falls under this category.
- Armored Closet Gay: Ray Pye is one of these.
- The Artful Dodger: The Cellists used to be these before they were trapped.
- Astral Projection: Perdita was able to do a version of this while in a coma, before Gabriel made his deal
- Back from the Dead: Angel is a ghost, having been murdered, though he cannot remember who he was before.
- Blood from the Mouth: The Carnie has a severe cough that makes this happen.
- Bold Inflation: Weeeeeeeeeeeeell, the Carnie MIGHT have a bit of an UNUSUAL vocal pattern, ahahahaha!
- Cassandra Truth: Zoey keeps the secret of her abilities as a seer very close to her chest, for fear of this. Amongst other things.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: The Carnie is the poster child for this.
- Circus of Fear: This one should be obvious.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Ashlin qualifies as one of these.
- Curse of The Ancients: Tamara can no longer curse due to her mental reprogramming.
- Doom It Yourself:
- Deadpan Snarker: There are a lot of people at the Carnival who qualify as one of these.
- Deal with the Devil: Gabriel made this deal with The Carnie to bring Perdita back.
- Dreaming of Things to Come: Zoey has rather a lot of these; too bad they're ridiculously cryptic a lot of the time.
- Dreaming of Times Gone By: Zoey's visions aren't limited to the future.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: The Carnie and The Showman are both referred to only by their titles.
- Eye Scream: Zoey had a vision in which there was a creature devouring eyeballs.
- Genius Loci: The Carnival itself
- Hall of Mirrors: There is one in the House of Dusk.
- He Knows Too Much: Zoey was punished for this...there is also someone else in the Carnival who suffers from the same thing.
- Horrible Judge of Character: Ashlin again. Oh, Ashlin.
- Identical Stranger: And HOW!
- Insurmountable Waist High Fence: There is no getting out of the Carnival fence or gates, even if you can fly or are small enough to slip through.
- I Warned You:
- Knife-Throwing Act: Tamara's job.
- Mirror Monster: The mirrors at the Carnival are haunted by Reflections, terrifying creatures that attack the people in front of the mirror.
- Mysterious Past: The Carnie has one of these.
- Narnia Time: Time works a bit...funny in the Carnival.
- Never Got to Say Goodbye: Mark Mathis lost his wife suddenly and violently - and had to run, so was unable to attend her funeral.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Bo-Bo, to Ashlin.
- Oblivious to Love: Oh, Ashlin. Lookit how Michael looks at you. Michael, please do the same.
- Only One Name: Tamara
- Portent of Doom: Again, poor Zoey and her visions.
- Protective Charm: Angel can make these.
- Rhymes on a Dime: Michael Tillotson speaks almost exclusively in rhyme.
- Seers: This would be exactly what Zoey is.
- Small Secluded World: The Carnival itself is one of these.
- Snark-to-Snark Combat: Courtesy of the deadpan snarkers.
- Split Personality: AKA lots of Vin's characters. Morpho/Mark and Michael/Smoking Man are the examples at the Carnival.
- Stranger Safety: This is forced by characters tenting together.
- Street Urchin: The Drumming Bears used to be a couple of these, before they came to the Carnival.
- Tears of Blood: If a vision is particularly intense or important, these are a side-effect for Zoey.
- This Is Gonna Suck: Anytime Zoey sees Carnie.
- Tragic Keepsake: Mark "Morpho" Mathis wears his wedding band on a cord around his neck.
- Wackyland: The Tomorrow is a Better Day attraction has been known to get...wrong. Also certain stops the Carnival makes fall under this category.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: The Carnie dislikes harming small children, and will actually go out of his way to avoid it.
- Villains Never Lie: The Carnie is quite truthful, yes.