Here at the Camp, we strive to create an interactive fandom B-movie that borders on some damn well-constructed stupid.Here.
The community profile
One of the oldest games that began on Livejournal, although it recently moved to Dreamwidth. Somewhat infamous for its application system, where new characters are voted in by the players (anonymously). Usually referred to as CFUD, for obvious reasons.
Characters are attending a summer camp which "unusual" doesn't even begin
- Adventure-Friendly World
- Audience Participation: Unique among DWRPs in that people are encouraged to comment as themselves to the characters.
- Bad Moon Rising: Just before camp's first anniversary, that creepy moon appeared in camp's sky, complete with ominous countdown. Instead of crushing everyone, it only got... weirder. Has occasionally been invoked again since, including recent plot events with a side of extra creepy.
- Baleful Polymorph: The inevitable result of breaking the (arbitrary, irrational, and sadistic) rules, or of trying to escape the barrier.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: At least, not if you don't want to undergo an ironic transformation.
- Clueless Mystery
- Cluster F-Bomb: Loudspeaker.
- Darker and Edgier: The players (and mods) have been stepping up the "horror" in "survival horror" since October '09. Notable since it's actually a comedy game.
- Everyone Is a Suspect: The premise. Pretty obviously makes no sense at this point, but...
- Everything's Deader with Zombies
- Genius Loci: No one's entirely sure whether or not Camp is intelligent. Everyone agrees, however, that it has a rather juvenile sense of humor.
- He Who Must Not Be Seen: Loudspeaker, Softspeaker, and Noobspeaker (all The Voice, obviously). Loudspeaker did have a reveal, but he's still always represented with loudspeaker icons—and even now that we know his name, everyone keeps calling him Loudspeaker.
- Hilarity Ensues: Deliberately cultivated in everything remotely connected with CFUD.
- I Don't Like the Sound of That Place
- Kissing Under the Influence: Throughout December and usually July, camp is filled with mistletoe that forces any two people beneath it to kiss whether they like it or not.
- Loads and Loads of Characters: According to a recent count, CFUD may be the biggest RP on DW.
- Long Runner
- Mad Scientist: Camp's Director Elizabeth Sayre, although she denies it. Seems to have started as a Mad Scientist's Beautiful Daughter, and does NOT like hearing that she's becoming like her father.
- Mega Crossover
- Milestone Celebration: The game's fifth birthday involved Hannah Montana and Justin Bieber leading a Religion of Evil to bring their father Masque Back from the Dead, requiring the Director and Stephan to kick ass and moving the entire camp to Flyover Country.
- Misplaced Wildlife: Gorillas and toucans in a
Louisiana swamp Midwestern farmland. Then again, the gorillas are also purple and the toucans are psychic.
- Naked People Are Funny: May 16 is Mandatory Naked Day. As usual, camp doesn't kid around when it says "mandatory".
- No Fourth Wall: Non-players are encouraged to bug the characters as "audience". Some characters are also aware of their status as fictional.
- Player Appeal: Even more than most games. Love a certain meme? Have a fanfic idea you know is too stupid to write? Got a song stuck in your head? Want to celebrate the Superbowl? Camp can make make anything work.
- Rule of Funny: The RP runs on it.
- Summer Campy
- Swamps Are Evil: For now, at least...
- Transformation RP: More or less specifically because it annoys the characters.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Unlike most games, CFUD forbids sex. This does not prevent characters from coupling up, getting really frustrated, and sometimes trying anyway in the heat of passion. Since camp's punishment is instantaneous, Hilarity Ensues.